Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369035 times)

« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
The only sense in which mine isn't legitimate is that I initiated its event through Action Replay rather than driving to a Toys 'R' Us in the States. By the way, my collection now includes the Spiky-Eared and Pikachu-Coloured Pichus. Have I no shame?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
You know, until recently, the Pikachu-Colored Pichu was available over Wi-Fi.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
What's a TRU?

I have a Pikachu colored Pichu, and was just reminded that I have yet to do the Spiky-Eared Pichu event in SS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
Toys "R" Us.

« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »
I'm deciding on a competitive moveset for Azelf. I'm fairly certain that the following are all decent choices, but its third move has me stumped. Any suggestions?

-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Swift / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / something else entirely
-Nasty Plot

Item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
Nature: Modest

« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »
Go with Explosion.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
Depends on your needs and the rest of your team, but I'd suggest Grass Knot. Explosion is viable as well, but you'd probably want to put some EVs into Attack if you go that route.

I'd recommend a Timid nature as well.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »
I'm always very paranoid and unsure about using the likes of the Life Orb and the move Substitute, because I always think "why would I want to take HP away from my own 'mon?"  Explosion doesn't worry me as much, because presumably by the time I use that one, it'll be a last resort.

Also, Weegee, I would say out of the choices you've got there, Energy Ball would be the best type for coverage purposes.  But Grass Knot may be better (I don't know since that's another move I rarely use).  Admittedly, I'm not terribly versed in competitive strategy.

« Reply #308 on: March 31, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
Since Azelf's Attack will barely be pushing 300 by the time it reaches lv.100, Explosion doesn't seem as viable an option as it would be on a physical fighter. Grass Knot is only stronger than Energy Ball if the foe weighs over 220 pounds, although many NPC Battle Tower teams do rely on heftier creatures. It's a tough call.

I'm always very paranoid and unsure about using the likes of the Life Orb and the move Substitute

The power boost that the Life Orb provides certainly outweighs its insubstantial HP toll, but I can't figure out how to effectively use Subsitute for the life of me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:06:28 PM by Weegee »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »
Generally you either want to use Substitute -> Focus Punch or Substitute -> [Stat Boosting Move] -> [Attack Move].  One of the more notable Latios strategies (or so I've heard), for example, is to throw up a Substitute, spam Calm Mind to send its stats through the roof, and sweep the opponent's team at your leisure.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
I suggest Grass Knot because many competitive switch-ins on Azelf (or so I read) are heavy Pokemon such as Tyrannitar or Swampert. Most other Pokemon weak to Grass moves are usually pretty heavy as well. Except maybe Vaporeon.

It's worth noting that Explosion only takes into account half of your opponent's Defense, so a lack of Attack (especially with a few EVs in ATK) is not so bad, and actually could be a boon in certain situations. Especially when you've got a life draining item such as the Life Orb, which is a good choice.

« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
Conveniently enough, almost every fully-evolved Rock-type exceeds the 220-pound line, and has a dual typing which either retains or amplifies their Grass weakness.

Explosion only takes into account half of your opponent's Defense

Really? Huh. Well, I'll first consider it for my yet-unchosen physical sweeper.

This just in: Fifth-gen starters [sort of] revealed, Mawile evolution announced

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
April F*cking fools :)

<3 love, good ole TMK Forums meme Tv_Themes

Edit: Did you save the pics Weegee? Even if they are fake, I still want to see them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:04:09 AM by Tv_Themes »
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2010, 06:07:07 AM »
I would love if the Mawile evolution turned out to be real, because Mawile is awesome.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2010, 06:08:18 AM »
I heard "Generation 5!"

I saw "link to picture of something in it!"

It took a few minutes to load on my Slugternet and I thought, maybe, maybe

Crap.

Unless there are FireRed and LeafGreen remakes. Ooo.

Ended up with HeartGold though, and loving every second of it (except for that whore Lyra and that Ho Oh).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print