Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations  (Read 10046 times)

A

« on: April 19, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1Osnkr5Nc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1Osnkr5Nc</a>

Interesting, no?
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:12 AM »
It might not suck.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
Sonic Fan Remix vs. Sonic Colors. That's something I can get behind.

As long as the 2D segments are nothing like Needlemouse, it'll be awesome.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »
I won't make a judgment until I play it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »
I'm not a huge Sonic fan, but this looks intriguing. I might have to give it a spindash! *zing*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
It is so odd how there ever became enough of a gulf to warrant "Generations", but this still looks pretty neat.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »
Another 3D Green Hill remake? That means I'm getting it :)!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
....They've finally managed to recreate the physics of the original Sonic trilogy and brought back Sonic's 90s design....and your only reason for buying is the fact that Green Hill Zone is in it?

Also....There's more.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
I like how 90s Sonic runs in midair.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:01 PM »
....They've finally managed to recreate the physics of the original Sonic trilogy and brought back Sonic's 90s design....and your only reason for buying is the fact that Green Hill Zone is in it?

I never stated that was my only reason for wanting to buy the game. I loved the 3D Green Hill Zone remake in Sonic Adventure 2, and that was a great game on its own. Regardless, though, this game looks great, and I really look forward to it!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:05:44 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »
For the uninformed: The whole game is to be made up of remade levels from across the past 20 years of the franchise. Excitement ahoy.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »
Well, Nintendo made SMAS, and then... made it again, so I actually don't have a problem with this.

Also, I never got to that Green Hill Zone remake in SA2, but that's probably because I lost interest in that game very quickly (the GCN version, to be specific. That was in it, right?)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
For the uninformed: The whole game is to be made up of remade levels from across the past 20 years of the franchise. Excitement ahoy.
...so...

It's like, "We wanted to make a new game, but it ended up being an enhanced remake collection"

"An incomplete one"

?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
I will hold off judgement until I can play it, but I will say that how interested I am to play it will depend on how much the levels are remade from earlier levels and how much of it is just thematically inspired by them. It's going to be a tricky tightrope to walk, too. Go too far into remake, people will complain about nothing new, but the old games have some of the best level design the medium has seen, and I don't know if the people that have been doing Sonic lately have the same ability to create.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »
They managed to come pretty darn close to recreating the physics of the Genesis trilogy after shrugging it off for like 10 years now. I consider that an achievement. Whether the worlds included in the game are based on previous ones or not is a non-issue for me.

Print