Print

Author Topic: Button-less SM64 stars?  (Read 8398 times)

« on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
I've long heard of challenges for Super Mario 64 where the object is to get stars with as few "A"-button presses as possible.  However, yesterday, I came upon this video that shows someone beating "Shoot into the Wild Blue Yonder" without pressing "A" or "B".  So, I got to wondering, how many stars can be beaten without any buttons (A, B, or Z)?  I already did "8-Coin Puzzle with 15 Pieces" fairly easily, and I'm sure that the Wing Cap Towers one is trivial at most.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
Paging Kimimaru, paging Dr. Kimimaru to surgery please.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:13:12 PM »
I'm sure you could do a couple levels in Lethal Lava Land by butt-bouncing across the magma. If one permits a single jump to obtain the Star, quite a few would be easy to get.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 02:37:20 AM »
True, and come to think of it, Chill with the Bully's probably possible, by extension.  I don't have a copy of SM64 handy in my room to test it or any other LLL stars at the moment, but I'm pretty sure you could get to the Chill Bully's platform without jumping.  I can't think of any other course that would allow you to get to a star, let alone actually collect it, without jumping/diving, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
Chill with the Bully should definitely be possible. If you want I'll test it out.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
And so, Kimimaru got each and every star without pushing any buttons, somehow

And unlocked Luigi

The end.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 06:28:43 PM »
You forgot the part where he proceeded to do the same in Sunshine and both Galaxies.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
In less than five minutes, somehow.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
With his eyes closed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »
Chill with the Bully is possible; just fall in the icy water to fly up and hit him off, then use it again to get the Star. Any others while I'm at it?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
Blast Away The Wall is also possible.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:25:56 PM »
Blast Away The Wall is also possible.
I thought that you had to press A to launch the cannon.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
The cannon isn't necessary. If you crawl atop the wall and fall off of it at the right angle, Mario will get the Star on his way down.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:55 AM »
The cannon isn't necessary. If you crawl atop the wall and fall off of it at the right angle, Mario will get the Star on his way down.
But how would you break the walls to make the star appear? (also I'm talking about Blast Away The Wall)

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:41 AM »
Either way, wouldn't that require at least the Z button to get up to the wall?

Print