Print

Author Topic: Winter 2011 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 23223 times)

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 10:58:41 PM »
When will you Be Right Back, then?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
POLLS ARE CLOSED

AWARDS ARE NOW

(click on any award to see a wallpaper-sized version)

Poster of the Year
The most prestigious and coveted award of all well let's get it out of the way already.

Oh look it's me.

=Runner-up=

Oh look it's BP.

~Honorable Mentions~

These guys are awesome too.

Post of the Year

A very tight race this year, but in the end, BP's apocalyptic vision won out. It's "Mii Final Smash"!

=Runner-up=

Not the classiest post out there I suppose, but very nearly the funniest. It's "Ress Ronery", by PaperLuigi!

~Honorable Mentions~

Not to be deterred, BP comes back with an instant classic. "Bees"!

And speaking of classics, "Guide to Kissing" saw a brief yet minty revival last year with a bit of belated lady advice from Puqtd. "Puqtd stays smooth", baby.

Topic of the Year

Pretty unanimous here, and it's not hard to see why. A thread that had all the Mario-obsession and all the insanity that this board is known for. It's The Chef's "The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread"!

Image of the Year

We can always count on Luigison for educational and enlightening topics. Usually. It's "How to identify wood", from the thread, "Wood, A How To"!

=Runner-up=

If 2011 could be summed up in one image, it'd probably be a much larger image than this one. Weegee's "TEH FUNNAYEST MEME EVAR" is a much more manageable size for most screen resolutions.

Most Amiable Poster

Well, howdly-doodly there, Mushroom neighbor! Just your friendly neighborhood Toad here, wondering if you needed to borrow any sugar!

=Runner-up=

In case you missed that, Toad doesn't borrow your sugar -- he goes to your house to lend you sugar. So yeah, he totally deserves this. Even though he's gonna donate the awards to some homeless puppies or something when the ceremony's over.

Funniest Poster

He made us laugh, he made us cry, and he taught us how to love again. It's Weegee!

=Runner-up=

More like punner-up, eh? Eh? Eh? (it's Toad)

Most Creative Poster

Oh look who it is again.

=Runner-up=

Another great visual artist, with some of the forum's most interesting interpretations and syntheses. It's Kojinka!

~Honorable Mentions~

Let's not neglect the forum's musical side, though! (spoiler alert: it won't be neglected next year) It's Turtlekid1! As opposed to those tone-deaf Turtlekids2-9.

And a guy who should've gotten more votes is a guy who combines both sides! And both those guys is Qwerty!

Most Creepiest Poster

A little skeevy around the edges? That's just the way we like'em.

Smartest Poster

What's this guy doing hanging out around us dummies for? Luigison!

=Runner-up=

Luigison should be more like this guy and only pop in once in a while so our dumbness doesn't contaminate him. It's MEGAߥTE!

Best Mod

Does the mod that mods least mod best? Apparently! BP! (unless Lizard Dude still counts)

=Runner-up=

Luigison? That knucklenut again? Yes!

Best Newbie

Contrary to popular reports, there is still a great influx of actual humans joining this board! And some of them are super-entertaining and creative! One of them is Qwerty, and I've been using too many exclamation points lately.

=Runner-up=

In the words of the Fonz, "A!"

~Honorable Mention~

It's Glorb! No wait, it's just Puqtd.

(it's glorb)

Blast from the Past

She's been here off and on since the beginning, and as of last year, she's back and better than ever. It's Chocobo!

Most Missed

Come on, Black Mage! Is Luigison the only adult left here? Is he gonna have to do all the adultery himself?

=Runner-up=

Whatever happened to Kuromatsu and his awesome Paint skills?

~Honorable Mentions~

And Chupperson Weird, too! He needs to get over that stack overflow thing that happened to him or whatever. Maybe on a new account, though, because the whole 11111 thing is rather perfect.

(maybe he's A)

This guy needs to come back too, if for no other reason than to give Toad some competition for Most Amiable. It's FlamingBlueMario!

Most Improved

It's been a long, hard road, but the one who once posted this has since evolved, not just into one of the more civilized members of the board, but also a god. It's TheMightyThor (who is also coolkid)!

Best Name

Speaking of which, you pretty much can't argue with that name.

=Runner-up=

Good ol' Tim Buckley has a good name too, though.

Well, not like that.

~Honorable Mention~

And here's a name that had a lot of thought put into it. A!

Best Signature

Do you think this is a good signature? Why?

=Runner-up=

Trrry not to get a paper cut from all the awards you're carrying (after you take the PNGs down to FedExKinkos and print them out), BP!!

~Honorable Mention~

And bringing up the rear, it's a special guest appearance from Hideo Kojima!

Most Average Poster

If you took all the members of the forum and stuck them in a blender, you'd be a very disturbed individual. Fortunately, CoconutMikeNike is far too normal and well-adjusted to do something like that. Right?

Most Mario-Wise Poster

I'm flattened!

=Runner-up=

But hey, I'm not the only crazed pedant around here! It's The Chef!

~Honorable Mention~

Respect the Deez.

Meowiest Poster

^_^

=Runner-up=

Yatta!

Dynamic Duo

Is A BP's alt? IT IS A MYSTERY.

Queen of Posters

All hail Queen Warp!

Princess of Posters

Next in line to the throne is the recently returned Chocobo, Princess Royal!

Duchess of Posters

I'm not real clear on how royal lines of succession work, but duchesses are on there somewhere, right? It's Pt_Peach!

Dame of Posters

And rounding out the matriarchy is Dame Dude of Bozeman.

The WTD Award

Pancreatitis.

The Glorb Award

The spirit of Glorb lives on, in TEM.

The Deezer Award
The most important award of all here it is.

And after a grueling battle (that went into overtime!), Deezer has held on to the Deezer Award!

The TEM Award
OH WHAT'S THIS

Well, that was fun. Big thanks to Spriter's Resource for all those sprites and backgrounds! Specifically: Crapcom (SMAS:SMB3 backgrounds) Nitratez (SMAS:SMB3 Koopalings, Mario, and Luigi), Dazz (P from TTYD), Sonikku (SMAS:SMB2 cactus and grass), Boo (SMBDX badges), A.J. Nitro (Yoshis, Fava), Mr. e (Shokora), Retriever II (Fuzzy), Ragey (Peaches from SPP), DoKoCo (SMA Toad), Arima (SMAS:SMB2 veggies), and our very own jdaster64 (SMA4 sprites and backgrounds)! And Nintendo for making it all. And myself for changing some of the sprites a little.

See you this year!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
Best Signature and Post of the Year runner-up. Thanks you guys. :)

Congrats to everyone who won something this year.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:19:25 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
In honor of my crowning achievement, I've changed my forum gender.

Congrats to everyone who won this year!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
Wait, not even a mention or a vote for creative? Was 2011 not the year I made Bowser's Castle in Brawl out of an apple and some boxes?? You guyyyyyyys! That stings :<

(so do the papercuts from everything I did win)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
Expect to get a lot of PMs from new members, Warp.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
I'm more expecting one from The Chef.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
bby <3

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 02:22:46 AM »

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 02:31:44 AM »
Hey, Avarage, that's not bad, all things considered.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
I like how I won the award and runner-up for most amiable. The sugar description was also pretty funny.

Sad that I didn't win funniest. Oh well. Guess I'll have to trrry harder this year. (not that I was trying..)

* Toad goes to find a couple of stray animals to give his awards to
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners! Unfortunately I had too many priorities so I couldn't post much last year, but I hope that'll change this year.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »

It's been a long, hard road, but the one who once posted this has since evolved, not just into one of the more civilized members of the board, but also a god. It's TheMightyThor (who is also coolkid)!

Best Name

Speaking of which, you pretty much can't argue with that name.

I'm not sure how you get Most Improved two years, considering the way it works, but thanks a lot. I can also see that having a new username still doesn't wash me of the stench of my older posts, but whatever. (I woulda voted for Tim for Best Name myself had he called himself "Tim B^Uckley", even though that's kind of a lame old joke.)
Relics.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
Well, I guess I did sweep the awards last year... And I can't complain after that extra picture I got. Congrats, winners!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »
Yay! My single vote won Deezer the TEM award!

Print