Print

Author Topic: My Custom Legend of Zelda Board Game  (Read 5424 times)

« on: May 15, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
Hey everyone! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right forum. Last summer I spent about 4 months and lots of money making a Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past board game. I had so much fun making it and me and some buddies play it occasionally. I just wanted to get your opinions on it. I based it off an old board game called Key to the Kingdom. I designed the board in photoshop, copying and pasting carefully all the SNES sprites from the game. and then I printed the sheets and put them on poster board. Of course this is more of a prototype but its still fun to play. I made the treasures, equipment and monster cards and got them laminated to have a glossy look. The link pieces were made from someone i found on etsy.com.

The pics are of the Link playing pieces, the light world side of the board and then it opens up into the darkworld side just like key to the kingdom did. The item and moster cards plus the equipment sheets.

Much to my surprise there were a couple of articles written about it on Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Universe which was very nice!

You can also find more info on my boardgamegeek site

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:50 AM »
Hot [darn]. You should be proud.

Are the Link pieces made of varnished baked clay?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Thanks! :)   yea poly(something) clay. I had those made on someone's etsy shop. She did awesome work!

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
I would totally buy one of these.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
Nice! Sadly I'm not familiar with Key to the Kingdom, but this looks professional and fun!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
Man, and to think I felt proud of the Heroscape cards I shooped for my OC when I was fifteen...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
I put off clicking on this thread thinking it would be some lame noobie game, but awesome job dude.  It sounds/looks similar to an idea I had for a four swords board game, but very well implemented and well beyond the idea stage.  God jorb!  (That was not a typo.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:58 PM »
Really rad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »
Nice job, good sir.

BTW, Hasbro actually did release a Zelda board game in the 80's.
You go across the board to get the 8 pieces of the triforce and then face Gannon. My memories a little hazy, so I don't remember anything else about it.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Print