Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2495523 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11520 on: March 30, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »
I'm %75 percent sure it's just going to be some massive April Fool's joke on all the lonely guys who gave their email addresses, but I still could see someone making actual money doing that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11521 on: March 31, 2011, 07:38:43 AM »
It's not that weird. Pathetic, maybe, but certainly plausible.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11522 on: March 31, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrruaYDriOs&feature=feedlik

I cause over 19,000 damage in one hit in Superstar Saga.  Apparently, the max is 32,767, but I don't see any way to get better than this, even with TAS.  On a random note, the beginning of this video looks really sweet with that "1911" feature YouTube's got for April Fools'.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11523 on: April 01, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
That's pretty neat.  I'm not sure how one would get any higher than that, either, assuming the their attack strength is maxed, you're carrying 99 of every kind of mushroom, and Red Peppers only work once per battle.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #11524 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
I don't believe it's possible to do better unless setting the A button to auto-fire was sub-optimal.  In any case, eighteen fireballs is definitely impossible in real-time; ten is about the most I've ever gotten.  An easier way to quintuple-digit damage (IIRC) is to use Spiny Badges AA, Great Force and Red Peppers, then use Splash or Swing Bros on a Sharpea or the like.  Then again, it might be even better to do do Splash Bros. Advance and use Mush Badges AA; not sure, though, as the Advanced version is only about 6/7 of the attack power of the non-Advanced one.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #11525 on: April 01, 2011, 02:31:29 PM »
Introducing YouTube's latest (and rather awesome) April Fool's Joke.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm8ZCJ7Fx8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm8ZCJ7Fx8</a>
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11526 on: April 02, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11527 on: April 02, 2011, 01:55:12 AM »
Flugelhorn Feline gets me every time.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11528 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
I just had the most unexpected candy bar today, which I was fortunately able to track down online with ease.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11529 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrruaYDriOs&feature=feedlik

I cause over 19,000 damage in one hit in Superstar Saga.  Apparently, the max is 32,767, but I don't see any way to get better than this, even with TAS.  On a random note, the beginning of this video looks really sweet with that "1911" feature YouTube's got for April Fools'.

That's really cool! However, the real max stats for each brother is 1006 if you use a Teeheespresso when they have 998 in that particular stat, and it will literally show that number (although for every stat other than HP and BP the last number will go off the screen). I used to have this for Luigi's BP and Mario's Speed, but I didn't know that equipping something else would automatically bring it down to 999.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:12:16 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #11530 on: April 07, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
Ahh, I remember seeing that happen with BP once; I didn't think of that.  Although, wouldn't it be 1004 (998+6)?  At any rate, that'd only increase the damage dealt by about 5 or 6 per fireball; a comparatively small amount, to say the least.  Still a ways short of 32,767, at any rate.  I oughta try out those other combinations some time...

Oh, and random fun fact I initially came here to post: "Supersonic" and "Percussion" are anagrams.  That's probably the longest pair of one-word anagrams I've seen in quite a while, if not ever.

« Reply #11531 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
My dad just discovered Google Images.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #11532 on: April 07, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »
Has he turned SafeSearch off?

« Reply #11533 on: April 07, 2011, 10:54:55 PM »
You couldn't pay me to teach him how to do that.

It's pathetically amusing to see him always type "pictures of" before whatever he's searching for.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11534 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »

Print