Print

Author Topic: nintendo ds europe suffers  (Read 2096 times)

« on: February 02, 2005, 10:12:11 AM »
I come from the u.k and we still don't have
the ds over here why nintendo had to lets us
wait for everthing like you see my problem here like you american's had animal crossing
we hade it two years later I love nintendo but their being a little bit harsh on europe
jamie pallant

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:59:51 PM »
*is humbled*

*studies for next time*

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:07:25 PM »
Maybe it's because of your bad grammar?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 06:14:19 PM »
Actually, TEM is closer than he meant to be.  Part of the reason Europe gets left behind is localization.  If everybody spoke English, stuff would likely get released faster over there.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 06:58:38 PM »
Here's a quote from NOE's Marko Hein:

“I cannot confirm or deny anything at this point, but [Animal Crossing]'s probably the most difficult title we've ever had to deal with internally in Nintendo's history. We have to ask ourselves is it a casual game, is it a niche game, is it a mass market game? Then on the other hand the localisation issues are enormous. In terms of screen text size, which is a huge issue for us in Europe - we have to think about multiple language conversions, huge costs and huge manpower to make it happen. Then there's having a closer look at Animal Crossing - you have to look at all the dates, Thanksgiving for instance: what does it mean for Germany? What does it mean for Italy? What does it mean for Spain? At the end of the day we have to calculate very carefully whether we can cover the costs in terms of investment. Another important point is that the game has to come with an e-Reader in order to enjoy the full gameplay. So it's still in discussion, we're still calculating, and we'll make an announcement at the right time.”
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 11:23:33 PM »
That doesn't explain why they didn't release Nintendo Puzzle Collection outside of Japan.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 04:59:57 PM »
The reason I posted that was because toadie 2000's first post said that he was disappointed with NOE's release of AC.  I have no clue why NPC hasn't been released yet.

Sqrt2

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 03:04:57 AM »
Don't worry the DS isn't far away, you have only another 35 days or so to wait.

Chemistry is physics without thought.
Mathematics is physics without purpose.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print