Print

Author Topic: Pictochat  (Read 2085 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 13, 2005, 03:47:54 PM »
Pictochat is a cool DS feature, especially since the PSP doesn't have it. But what's the point if you can't be farther away from your friend than 30 feet? 30 feet is reasonable for multiplayer games, but for a wireless chatroom, you could just go talk to the person!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »
Technically, the maximum is closer to 75-100 feet. But I would agree. "A DS Options Pack is Inserted..."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 04:59:46 PM »
Yeah, but still... even 1000 feet isn't enough. When you get into about 10 miles, that's about enough. What do you mean about the *coughfakecough* option pak?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 07:37:28 PM »
The DS should be online soon enough.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 08:00:36 PM »
Would someone please just answer my question about how the DS online system will work?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »
Details about the DS online network have not been released.  I think it will be through GameSpy?

Did you mean what will you need to get online with your DS?  If so, I think you will need to go somewhere that has a wireless routor like Starbucks or buy your own.  I don't remember if it will be A, B, or G.

People have already figured out how to get the PSP online and were working to get chat on it last I heard.  I wish someone had done that with the DS.  Maybe DemaSked (WarpPipe) has, but is not releasing it because they are trying to get Nintnendo to partner with them.  That's just my speculation.  Actually this entire post might be wrong.  I'm too tired from riding my bike three miles accross country to look it up now.

Edit: too

Edited by - Luigison on 4/13/2005 7:13:33 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print