Print

Author Topic: Ultimate Birthday Compilation  (Read 310694 times)

« Reply #630 on: January 06, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
Yeah, but people do it anyway. I like Hacker Pikachu though, so I don't have a problem with it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #631 on: January 06, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »
I don't mind him either.  His text just hurts my eyes, that's all.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #632 on: January 06, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »
Anyway, isn't it against the rules for anyone to join that is under 13?
Without parental permission.  He has permission.

« Reply #633 on: January 07, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
Oh, I never knew that.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #634 on: March 01, 2008, 06:11:12 AM »
Happy Birthday Mr_Melee.

« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
Yes, Happy Birthday Mr_Melee.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2008, 09:26:31 AM »
Happy Birthday Mr_Melee.

...Even though a short line of text probably means nothing to you, its all I got.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »
Hey, don't ever say that! Thanks very much, guys! Rather than type up another blog of events, I'll copy-and-paste the one I just finished typing to Facebook here.

So, yes! [Yesterday] was my birthday! I can't believe I've only been on this Earth for 15 years...so much more to do! So far my birthday has gone incredibly well! Here's the rundown so far...

Friday: This was my mom's weekend, so my mom came to pick me up and told me of a special birthday surprise. I guessed correctly, and it was a choice of any place I wanted to go out to for dinner. After some immediate decision-making, I chose Red Robin's, as I hadn't been there yet! However, I was very cautious, as my friend said they give you a free sundae and sing on your birthday (I don't know; I'm just not all that big on getting recognize for my birthday. Or I just don't like being sung to, especially by and around strangers. No sé.) Well, I ordered the Whiskey River BBQ burger, and that monster was HUGE. I could barely fit my mouth around the whole thing, but when I did, it was BBQ burger goodness. Yum.

So, after Red Robin's, I asked my mom if we'd be able to venture to Best Buy. Well, after guessing the right direction to drive in (so proud of myself for doing that for once :P), we wandered on in to the Geek Paradise. After my normal greet back to the greeter and my stroll through the Wii/360 game aisle, I planned to go visit the laptops/CDs first, but something stopped me. There, right next to the gynormous pile of Wii Play boxes, sat two innocent Guitar Hero III Wii bundles. I looked both ways, put a thumb on my katana, and stealthily grabbed one to take with me as I browsed around...I ended up calling SteveIan to see what he would think of the purchase, and after little convincing from him, I bought the GHIII, knowing that I'd have to save up even more money for a Zune now...oh well. After watching this one lady from Kroger, like 20-30 yrs old, play The Way it Ends on Expert and getting a really good score on it, I played the GHIII and Rock Band stands for a little bit, looked at laptops, CDs, and mp3 players, and left with GHIII in my clutches. End the day before.

Saturday: So, after sleeping in considerably (10:30), I awake and watch some nice cartoons/read Assassins (from Left Behind series) before some of My Mom's World's Best Pancakes (yes of course everything is capitalized; there is a trademark). After three or four cakes, three sausage patties, and a large glass of chocolate milk, I watch more TV and read until 2:45. Time for guitar lessons.

Cue the guitar shop. Well, I pick up a nice Ibanez and head on in. I'm able to learn the RHCP song "Californication," which is a really well-written piece in my mind. 'Twas awesome to add the guitar part to my repertoire that already consisted of Flea's riffs (yes, I wanted an excuse to use the word "repertoire," and there probably is an accent over an "e" somewhere...).

So, after a visit to my Great Grandma Skunda's house (she's so sweet and loving :), and she even gave me a nice card along with $15), I finally return home to set up my prize. In case you forgot, here's a reminder: GUITAR HERO III!!1 It felt so awesome to plug everything in. I was only able to get through the first setlist + encore on Expert). After a mishap with the plumbing (not going to go into detail), I finally head out to go to my friends' birthday party, already 30 min. late.

All right, we finally roll up at 6:40 (40 min. late), but at least I made it. I enter the place and it's a madhouse. Rock Band is being played by my friends' friends who were invited. After that song, I get to play and show my stuff a little, and then we start to play Halo 3. I get to meet A Pie (his real name is Jack), and he's a really cool guy. I also got to eat some Marco's pizza, and later some chocolate cake and vanilla fudge swirl ice cream. We had an awesome time partying out with Halo 3. Surprisingly, I was practically the second best person there, and usually I suck horribly. Well, fast forward to 11 PM, and it's time to leave >:(. Oh well. I'll probably invite my friends over next weekend, as Super Smash Bros. Brawl (my favorite game series's newest installment) comes out March 9th. Really looking forward to that!

So, in conclusion, my birthday has been awesome so far. After the party, once I got home, I begged my dad to let me open his presents for me, even though the party for me wouldn't be 'till tomorrow (but as I'm writing this it IS tomorrow). It turns out I got a Remington shaver (which I'll need pretty soon), two packs of Oreo Cake things, and an awesome birthday card that also told me of another present coming in the mail. !:O! Secret!

Well, in final conclusion, pray for me please that I do find those cards and don't have to use my birthday money or something to pay for them. Thanks very much again for all of the birthday wishes, guys! They're greatly appreciated! :D
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Since you took all the time and effort to write this, I will actually read your entire post.

I'll copy-and-paste the one I just finished typing to Facebook here.
You should have typed it here and pasted it to Facebook.

Friday: This was my mom's weekend, so my mom came to pick me up and told me of a special birthday surprise. I guessed correctly, and it was a choice of any place I wanted to go out to for dinner. After some immediate decision-making, I chose Red Robin's, as I hadn't been there yet! However, I was very cautious, as my friend said they give you a free sundae and sing on your birthday (I don't know; I'm just not all that big on getting recognize for my birthday. Or I just don't like being sung to, especially by and around strangers. No sé.) Well, I ordered the Whiskey River BBQ burger, and that monster was HUGE. I could barely fit my mouth around the whole thing, but when I did, it was BBQ burger goodness. Yum.
I, too, have heard their bugers are quite good. There aren't any locations in Nashville, however.

There, right next to the gynormous pile of Wii Play boxes, sat two innocent Guitar Hero III Wii bundles. I looked both ways, put a thumb on my katana, and stealthily grabbed one to take with me as I browsed around...
* MaxVance stares blankly

Saturday: So, after sleeping in considerably (10:30), I awake and watch some nice cartoons/read Assassins (from Left Behind series) before some of My Mom's World's Best Pancakes (yes of course everything is capitalized; there is a trademark). After three or four cakes, three sausage patties, and a large glass of chocolate milk, I watch more TV and read until 2:45. Time for guitar lessons.
You forgot the trademark symbol. ;)

After a mishap with the plumbing (not going to go into detail), I finally head out to go to my friends' birthday party, already 30 min. late.
Your friend had his birthday part over the same weekend? Weird.

And anyway, happy birthday.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #639 on: March 06, 2008, 02:46:12 AM »
Happy 15th! I'm glad you had fun. :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »
Uh... Whoops! Forgot Toad's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Toad.

« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2008, 12:17:34 PM »
Thank you! I was afraid everyone had forgotten *sniff*

.. Nah. Just kidding.

I finally got snow on my birthday! In past years, whenever my birthday has fallen on a weekday, snow usually fell on the weekend (and we got out on the following Monday), but after 6+ years of waiting, snow finally fell during the week! Pity I'm not in school anymore..

My parents got me an MP3/video player, my fiancee got me (us) that HeroScape game (like a board game with tons of action figures) and I got myself Kirby 64 (thank you, Nintendo, for finally putting a game that I don't already own on the VC!.. save for most of the NES games)

Now, I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to put songs on my new MP3/video player. Is anybody here tech savvy? I can provide a model number shortly..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #642 on: April 05, 2008, 10:13:32 PM »
*stands next to LD for awhile, shifting his eyes and looking in various directions*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #643 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:44 AM »
Most of the people here should consider themselves lucky that they haven't had to listen to Vid over IRC talking about his birthday.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #644 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
No one wished me happy birthday.

Jerks.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print