Print

Author Topic: Randumb Garfield  (Read 244442 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »
Maybe this is the end of the strip.

Deezer's cat:
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2006, 11:31:48 AM »
That's weird, earlier that night it wasn't his birthday.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2006, 12:21:45 AM »
Deezer's cat:

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2006, 10:31:09 AM »
I'm sure those pictures are out of scale to each other. And besides, you don't pull Kidden's organs out and put a candle in him.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »
Yes I do.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2006, 10:43:12 PM »
:(

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »
Hmmm.  Is that the cat gut that LD sold to Chupperson? 

Note:  Cat gut is not made from the guts of cats.  It's actually made from sheep or goat intestines.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2006, 11:46:20 PM »
and sonic's lung?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »
No, just sheep or goat intestines.

Deezer's cat:

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2006, 08:40:29 AM »
I hope not, but if Jim Davis were going to end the stip on a high note, why not give Jon the woman he's been after pretty much since the beginning of the strip (Liz)?

Afterall, it would make for a good happy ending.. Jon finally gets the girl of his dreams, Liz gets Jon and gets into a home that has a couple of animals that need her attention, Garfield gets lasagna, and Odie gets.. kicked off the table.

Actually, he's been trying to get Ellen more than Liz. But this is one of the most weird moments in Garfield history. It doesn't make sense now, if Charlie Brown (Peanuts) doesn't get the Little Red-Haired Girl, then why does Jon get Liz after all these years?
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »
It doesn't make sense now, if Charlie Brown (Peanuts) doesn't get the Little Red-Haired Girl, then why does Jon get Liz after all these years?

The creator of Charlie Brown (bless his soul) died before he could put Chuck and Red together. That's what my theory is, anyway.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »
I strongly doubt Shultz ever had any plans to ever put Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Haired girl together. First off, she was an unseen character. Second, Shultz said himself that you can't create humor out of sheer happiness, Charlie Brown is the fall guy and it stays that way, even though sometimes good things happen to him, but they're never that major.

In fact, in the old TV special You're in Love, Charlie Brown, which was about Charlie Brown trying to get the Little Red Haired Girl to notice him (and possibly like him), he ends up finding a letter from her saying that she likes him in the end, but it's the last day of school. He then thinks that he may now have a chance next year after all of his time spent as a "nobody", but soon realizes how long of a wait it'll be until next September.

So basically, Charlie Brown's streak of being a loser never ends, but at least he's a likeable person. That's the way Shultz set it out.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:03:41 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2006, 05:08:56 AM »

So this Garfield actually made me smile. I'm a sucker for comedy involving proper-sounding words used like this.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2006, 07:27:42 AM »
Schultz ended up having the little red-haired girl grow up and become a doctor.  See, she's sitting a few rows behind Liz.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print