Print

Author Topic: Randumb Garfield  (Read 246107 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2006, 04:59:45 PM »
Since this topic is Garfield-related, I figured I'd announce that Boomerang recently added Garfield and Friends to it's evening line-up. I am overjoyed.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2006, 06:04:01 PM »
"So basically, Charlie Brown's streak of being a loser never ends, but at least he's a likeable person. That's the way Shultz set it out.

Exactly.  Everything in Peanuts had that theme.  It was all about unrequited love.  The football was always pulled away, the baseball games were all losses, (except for one, but I'll let that detail remain hidden for now.  It was funny, though, the reason why they reversed the decision.)

I created a comic book called "The Flying Ace Battles" which was an all new adventure for Snoopy against the Red Baron, whose face I finally revealed, though a hat comes down over his eyes.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2006, 09:06:06 AM »

What do the originals of these look like? I haven't been keeping up very well, but I did see Jon and Liz go on a date.. He offered her popcorn at a vet's seminiar.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »
It's a shame that a single gag can make a comic strip that much funnier.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2006, 11:09:09 PM »
Not technically Garfield or random, but: 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »
Calvin grew up to be a school janitor?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »
Holden Caulfield was bad at English when he was younger?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »
Calvin grew up to be a school janitor?

That was my thought as well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »
Listen to this big f*g:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks

Warning: Link is not family friendly. It's also retarded. I wouldn't even bother to go there. Original post left for history, though.
~LD
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:08:49 PM by Lizard Dude »
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »
Listen to this big f*g:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks
I hope the baby part was satire.

Edit:  You refering to him as a f*g is just as bad as what he is saying about Garfield.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 03:01:05 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2006, 02:51:36 PM »
I don't know which is worse, NB, posting a Maddox article on a "family friendly" forum, or using the boldly undescriptive term "f*g" to describe Maddox.

I also don't even know how to mod that.
~I.S.~

« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2006, 05:14:20 PM »
Wow, accusing Maddox of being homosexual because of his dislike for Garfield. Really, I can't think of a response smart enough to not avoid a flame war or something....
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2006, 07:44:56 PM »
Sigh, why does Nintendo Bros. insist on calling people homophobic names?

Maybe he's trying to cover up something? Heh heh.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print