Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario Max Stats (May contain spoilers)  (Read 74168 times)

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
Maybe...

Maybe you could do a video on the final levels of each minigame?

That would also be cool!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2008, 07:34:04 PM »
That's a good idea, but I'm not too sure about it right now. I'll think about making a video for them, though. I'll post on here if I decide to do it or not. Thanks for the idea!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »
I have decided to go through with the video. It will take a while to make, though. Thanks again!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2008, 07:20:14 AM »
Great guide! I would also like to add, for those who aren't at lvl. 99 yet, gather several Sqiglets in 1-1 into a wide open area and use Carrie to bounce on their rocks. It will lead to extermely high point values, and after around 4000 bounces, you will max out the score counter. This goes by decently fast, though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:25:11 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »
I already knew about that, but I didn't post it on here because it doesn't exactly relate to the max stats. Thanks anyway!

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 07:14:26 AM »
Again, is anyone going for the max stats?

I'm a little late to the party, but I just got max stats yesterday.

Kimimaru,

I followed your strategy to max out my stats.

Well, sort of.

Instead of grinding for 4 Plus items, I grinded for 3.  I mean, I can't see starting from 0 Amazee Dayzee cards every time I do this.

Well anyway,  I pretty much did the following:

1.  Start with 24 Amazee Dayzee cards and 799 coins (10 catch cards were bought prior to doing this)
2.  Go to 5-2 and capture those golden dayzees of coiny goodness (300 coins a piece.  OH YEAH!).  Do this until you have 99 of them;   Just take the second door you see, clear the cliff, flip into 3D, and capture away.  Go through the door, take the pipe and go through the door again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.
3.  Whenever you use all your catch cards, go back to the card shop and buy 10 more.  Then go back to 5-2 and keep mining those coins.
4.  If your coins are less than 999 when you have 99 Amazee Dayzee cards, go to 4-4 and jump on some pigarithms.  (I got tired of doing this on my last few runs, and ended up stomping stone buzzys.  Towards the very end, I sold some of my non-Amazee Dayzee surplus cards.  :P )
5.  Go to the Flipside Arcade and trade 900 of your coins for 300 Flipside Tokens.  When you have 99 coins, go to the card shop and sell 3 Amazee Dayzee cards.  Do this until you have 7,500 Flipside Tokens.
6.  Once you have 7,500 Flipside Tokens, trade them for the InterChet's absurdly high Plus items, which sell for 2,500 Flipside Tokens a piece (couldn't you at least have a sale every now and then?)  Get 3 of whatever one you want.  (I pretty much got all Power Pluses when I was working on attack and all HP Pluses when I was working on HP.)
7.  Prepare for your next run, because you're going to be doing this AGAIN and AGAIN.  At this point, you should have 27 Amazee Dayzee cards.  Go to the card shop and sell three of them, then buy 10 catch cards.  You are now ready for another run!  (You can wait until tomorrow, if you want.)
8.  Repeat steps 1-7 until you have max stats.

So that is pretty much your strategy,  tailor-made to suit my needs.  For most of the time,  I pretty much did this twice a day.  That's SIX Plus items per day.  A few facts about my stat grinding marathon:

- The stat grinding took 35 days.  I  started on May 14th and ended on July 4th (To explain the gaps, I took a two week hiatus on May 14th, resuming on May 28th and I took a four-day vacation from June 8th to June 11th.)  Only two of these days involved me doing one run. May 23rd and July 3rd.  All other days was spent doing this twice a day, early in the morning.
- My first two runs were spent collecting 99 Amazee Dayzee cards  (For the first run, I bought three Plus items and sold the rest of the cards for recipe ingredients, treasure maps and random cards at the card shop.  I started from scratch for my second run, and established the 24 Amazee Dayzee card rule, which remained for the remainder of my run.)
- The runs averaged 136 to 140 minutes each.  80 minutes to catch 79 Amazee Dayzees and an hour to trade the Flipside Tokens.  For pretty much most of the time, I averaged around 56 or 57 minutes.
- It took 9 days to max out my attack.  For HP, however, it took me 26 days.
- The number of Amazee Dayzee cards caught to buy the Plus items is calculated to be 4,850  (This doesn't even include the estimated 260 Amazee Dayzee cards used to buy catch cards.)
- 485,000 Flipside tokens were used to max out my stats  (117,500 for Power and 367,500 for HP).  This works out to a grand total of 1,455,000 coins  (352,500 for Power and 1,102,500 for HP).
- 47 Power Pluses were purchased and 147 HP Pluses were purchased.  This works out to a total of 194 Plus items.
- The time that it took for me to max out my stats is estimated to be 148 hours and 25 minutes (148:25).  That's 1.3 Plus items per hour.
- My game clock after getting the last three Plus items was 192:43.  All three of them were HP Pluses, and the last HP Plus increased my HP by 0.  (So the TRUE number of HP Pluses is 148, but I didn't count that one because of this.)

To summarize this, I guess this is my lengthy way of saying thank you, Kimimaru.

My next goal?  Max out my stats on Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a game that I have never played and beat before.  I got to Oho Oasis a while ago, but I haven't touched the game since.

Once again,  thank you for this strategy.  This really helped.  :)

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 08:35:12 AM »
Maxing your stats in M&L:SS shouldn't be quite as troublesome, granted you're good at the arcade games.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
On that note, would it be faster to max stats in Superstar Saga using the surfing game (assuming you could consistently get 0:38:98 or less) and then cleaning up STACHE with Star 'Stache Smash/Border Jump Sunshine, or getting as far as you can with Teeheespressos then cleaning up individual stats?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »
Wow, I almost forgot about this, lol. Glad to know I helped you, thekyster07, and congratulations! I'm also glad that my strategy is somewhat flexible. I remember doing only one run of stat items a day so it took me twice as many days as you! In any case, good luck with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (it's not nearly as painful)!

Print