Print

Author Topic: Personal Bests on non-Mario titles  (Read 64565 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

Well, you've got to start somewhere.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »
More DoDonPachi 2nd Loop Awesomeness.

I need to start making recordings of this game.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »
That's just plain awesome! You improved your previous score by about 48 million points!!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2011, 03:34:05 AM »
I really should just make my own topic for this huh

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2011, 05:03:09 AM »

New score in Cleopatra Fortune.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:35 AM »
I have 1 credit cleared the 1st loop of Gunbird 2.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2011, 02:56:17 AM »
Had I already left before getting all the achievements in Dead Rising? 'Cause I have all the achievements in Dead Rising.

All of them

Sucks that I can't really do that with any other game I have except BioShock and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions 'cause everything else has online achievements.

Online achievements. How I loathe them. Especially when there're like two of them. And one of them is basically "Have Internet that's good enough for you to go online." What's up with that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »
I've 1 Credit Cleared ESP Ra. De.

Thank god there is no 2nd loop.

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
A buddy and I recently did what I call a Leech Run of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. We only used X-Men characters, and left one space open, as though Leech was on he team, so no powers. While we couldn't stop the computer from using powers, we never added points to any skills, so it was only the weakest of the first attack. Colossus and Wolverine were the easy ones, but Storm and Iceman were tougher, and Nightcrawler was pretty much useless. We were aiming forno deaths, but Nightcrawler died almost immediatley. So we decided that the third could die, but we had to stick to characters between extraction points. We die and we lose. So after a while we would just set the third to aggressive to get most mobs, and pick them off before they died. Block become invaluable, and you learn how bad the roll dodge is set up. But overall, not bad.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2011, 06:38:02 AM »
Technically not a clear/1cc, but I managed to clear a line on Level 999, pitting me against the non-master credits roll. I failed spectacularly at it, but I'll be [darn]ed if I'm not satisfied with how far I've gotten now.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »
Well, I wouldn't consider this a "best," but I have done quite a bit with glitches in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. In the first three pictures you can see all the items I've managed to get as a kid alone. Proof of this is in the third picture, where you can see that I don't even have the Light Medallion, which you get immediately when you turn into an adult, yet. That last picture shows me in the same file, except I obtained the Longshot (which was the biggest pain to get without the Hookshot). Note that no cheats were used at all; just glitches.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
That's fairly impressive. I'd want a description of all the glitches performed, but with what I'm looking at it seems like it would be a long story.

« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »
If you don't mind explaining, what was involved in getting the Longshot?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
*Prepares to type a long post*

Let's start with how I got out of the forest without the Kokiri Sword. I hope some of you have seen that forest escape involving the Business Scrub in the Lost Woods. If you haven't, don't worry; I didn't use that anyway. What I did was get Deku Nuts and make my way to the little hole you climb through to get to the Kokiri Sword. Due to some programming oversight, you're able to move if you use an item after opening up a textbox right after you get out of a hole like that. What I did in that instance was talk to Navi and use a Deku Nut, enabling me to move. Then, I had to blindly make my way to the exit; since the Kokiri was no longer blocking the exit since the textbox was still up, I was able to get out of the forest.

Now onto the more important glitches:

Infinite Sword Glitch: This is perhaps the most important of all the glitches I used. If you're near something you can pick up or open a textbox with (sign, billboard, person, bomb), crouch stab and try to press A to interact with the respective object mid-swing. If done correctly, Link's sword will have the slash mark that you see when you attack at all times, the vertical bars at the top and bottom of the screen won't go away, and you won't be able to fall off any ledges. It's called "Infinite Sword" because Link is in a constant attacking state (if you run near an enemy you can hurt it without swinging). This glitch is required for...

Bomb/Bombchu Hovering: This glitch enables you to reach places previously thought unreachable in certain circumstances (Forest Temple as kid). The easiest way to do this is face your back to a ledge with the Infinite Sword Glitch activated while holding Z. Then, take out your Slingshot/Fairy Bow, ready a Deku Seed/Arrow, backflip, and quickly pull out a Bombchu and shield with R. Link will block the explosion with his shield, and since the Infinite Sword Glitch doesn't allow him to fall, he'll stay in place. Note that there are better ways to do this and gain more height and distance with each Bombchu, but this is just the simplest and easiest way. Also note that this does not work on slippery slopes (more on this later).

Megaflip: This glitch enables you to do a backflip four times farther than your normal one. There's an easy way and a hard way: The easy way to do this is activate Nayru's Love. Then, take out a Bomb, stay a little in front of it so it doesn't say "Grab" on A, hold Z and R, and wait for it to blow up. Right when the explosion hits Link's shield, backflip (still holding Z and R). The harder way to do this is the same as above, except you don't need Nayru's Love and must instead roll into the explosion then backflip.

There are many more glitches I used, but it would take a long time to explain them all. If you want to find out more, head on over to: www.zeldaspeedruns.com

As for the Longshot, one of the rooms you need to get to Dark Link has two slippery slopes, which poses a problem for the Bombchu Hover glitch because you can't backflip when hovering above one. Luckily, you can use the moving platforms in the room to hover normally. The problem is, if you happen to backflip and be above a slippery slope, Link will do a farther backflip, requiring you to start over. Additionally, it gets harder to keep track of whether you're above a platform or not since Link's shadow disappears when you're really high up. Since the room is so big, it takes about 45-50 Bombchus to make it across. A difficult task indeed.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
That's crazy man. You crazy.

But why did you need to get out of the forest without a sword if you were trying to get everything possible without becoming adult Link? I see you have the Kokiri's Emerald, anyhow.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print