Print

Author Topic: Bleedthrough  (Read 48601 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
I had that same problem when I played Meteos daily. Sadly, I don't know where Meteos is hiding these days.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 12:37:41 AM »
After playing Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village, everything reminded me of a puzzle. EVERYTHING.
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »
As far as game-to-real-life goes... yesterday I concluded that to avoid making a mistake in a plan I would save first. Then realized that wouldn't work. Thankfully I didn't make the mistake I anticipated.
Game-to-game is more common. I have tried to flip to 3-D in Yoshi's Island before, and once I tried to use L to to a roll-dodge in Luigi's Mansion. Luckily that make the Poltergust shoot fire at the ice ghost I was trying to avoid. I actually tend to try Smash Bros. maneuvers in a lot of games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
<Lizard_Dude> I played a couple hours straight SSBM
<Lizard_Dude> Then went immediately to SMB and was utterly terrible
<Lizard_Dude> I died on 1-4
<Lizard_Dude> Trying to do insta-turns and jumps and stuff
<Lizard_Dude> But just sliding into spankers and pits
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 09:16:30 AM »
I just had game-to-game bleedthrough happen a few minutes ago - I almost wasted a unit's turn trying to smash a pot in the ground in FFTA2 after playing Diablo II for a bit.

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 12:32:46 AM »

I spent ages looking for that quote. x_X
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 02:59:20 AM »
Sometimes I get scared thinking about multiple people spending ages hunting down obscure but relevent stuff I said years ago that I don't even remember.

So I go back to my happy place and try to forget.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
Sometimes I get scared thinking about multiple people spending ages hunting down obscure but relevent stuff I said years ago that I don't even remember.

Man, I've looked everywhere for this quote! I've lied, cheated, stolen, and sold myself on the streets, but it was all worth it.
every

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
At the doctor's office today, there was a small, circular crack in the ground. I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past alot lately. I thought to my self "Bomb it." Then, I noticed what I just thought. I chuckled.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
Well, I don't know if that's the term I would've used, but I suppose I've probably been a victim of bleedthrough a few times. However, I can't recall too many specific incidents, and most of those were tounge-in-cheek (like, I was playing Crainium with my friends last year at a Halloween party and this one guy I know who was more or less playing Phantom Hourglass alongside me was there. When we flipped the hourglass over, I was like "oh, no, my life is being sucked out!' and he was going along with it. That sort of thing.). However, as several people already mentioned, I constantly will, after playing a certain game for extended periods of time, unconsciously do this-or-that to perform a certain action when I switch over to another game--sometimes with life-losing results (i.e. Playing Wario Land 4 constantly, then dying in NSMB when I try to run with the R button). Me, personally, I refer to it as Residual Gaming Impulse, or RGI.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:51 AM »
I'm not sure if this counts, but last week I was playing Guitar Hero 3 on a big screen T.V. for a while, and when I looked away, everything was scrolling upwards.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 11:20:30 AM »
No, that's just an aftereffect of your vision system.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »
This makes sense, but I remember that certain noises (the "BLIANNK" alert sound from MGS, and the chainsaw sound from RE4) cause me to become instantly nervous.
every

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »
After long bouts of F-Zero. I feel like I have the ability to make my car lean into turns for more turning ability....

Although not VG related, my old phone made a sound that sounded like a certain breed of bird chirping when the alarm went off. So when ever I hear that sound, it irritates the crap outta me.
Falcon....PAUNNNNCH!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »
I'm not sure if this counts, but last week I was playing Guitar Hero 3 on a big screen T.V. for a while, and when I looked away, everything was scrolling upwards.
Happens to me all the time. Play "Through the Fire and Flames", blinking minimally, and then spin around and stare at the room behind you. Who needs hallucinogens?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print