Print

Author Topic: Help Wanted: Level Designer  (Read 2771 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« on: August 16, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
I'm currently designing a game along with a few of my friends, and am desperately in need of someone to design levels. The game is similar in gameplay to Metroid and Cave Story. If anyone wants to help out, please let me know.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »
Similar as in "huge map with only semi-linear progression and no separate levels?  I may be interested...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »
Eh, kind of like that. There are going to be separate levels, but it'll involve a fair amount of backtracking.

Of course, not too much backtracking. That'd just get tedious. If you don't get what I mean, go play Cave Story.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure I know what you mean...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 01:14:43 PM »
Yes, yes. I just figured I would clarify. Anyway, I'll post a demo once I'm finished the basics. (i.e. graphics, fine-tuning the engine, etc)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
I'm a game designer and programmer but I'm not really sure how you want us to help if we don't have any of your source code or access to your meshes and models and what not.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
Well of course you don't see it right now, he just wants to get some people first before getting into the major details.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »
If you would like to help out, send me an email at briguy92@yahoo.com.

Print