Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369242 times)

« Reply #1035 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
I haven't heard about being able to pass down a male's hidden ability. Seeing as the Torchic you get can't be female, I doubt it. They want to keep Speed Boost Torchic unique to those who downloaded it.

I'd consider this proof to the contrary.  Although that might have required a Ditto.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1036 on: October 14, 2013, 12:52:53 AM »
Even with Ditto, that didn't used to be possible. Huh.

Why aren't any of you showing up as my friends ;~;
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1037 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
I don't know! I don't think I understand how to connect our games together. I found my brother no problem, but we never use Wi-Fi... and he's always around here.

Also, we should totally get some people together for a 4 player battle sometime.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1038 on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »
I hadn't registered you yet, sorry.

Anyone on your friends list shows up on the PSS when you're online at the same time (don't forget to hit the blue button). You can trade and battle from anywhere in the game, apparently.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1039 on: October 16, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »

« Reply #1040 on: October 16, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
Fun With Pokemon Names:

"Little girl forgot Play Nice!" (Used Pikachu for this)

"Sending My name to Shuana!"

I love this game.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1041 on: October 16, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
"Oh [dukar] he"

« Reply #1042 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »
Shall we anticipate a lean, muscular Mega Evolution for Snorlax come Z version?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1043 on: October 17, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »

Now I've got six unscripted shinies. Most of their stats are awful though. This one was caught in BigLuigiFan's Friend Safari and therefore has two IVs of 31: in Attack and Defense. Physical and defensive are two things Heliolisk is not.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1044 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »
Still haven't encountered a non-staged shiny since that Goldeen in Crystal. I hope all your future shinies are lime-green and have poor natures, *******.

« Reply #1045 on: October 17, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
I haven't encountered any unscripted ones ever, haha.

That's cool, either way. I haven't really been keeping up with the Friend Safari much, although I've played through it at least once and gotten a couple of things from my brother's. Most of my time has been spent breeding my Greninja with a bunch of my other Pokemon lately; there's a bunch of little Froakies sitting in a box with me now. I got tried Wonder Trade with one of them today and got... a Pidgey. I did another and got a Delibird. If anyone wants to trade a level one Froakie for something, I'm looking for a Bulbasaur. I put that in the GTS, but I'm also not really holding my breath on it.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1046 on: October 17, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
I have heard that tipping NPCs boosts the shiny encounter rate. I don't know by how much or for how long, but there are enough accounts of it happening that it's likely not just coincidence. I hadn't tipped anyone recently, but.

Supposedly the Friend Safari has a boosted encounter ratio for shinies as well.

I got a Protean Froakie on GTS in exchange for my Xerneas and once I get to breeding for a good one I will gladly share the others. If you haven't seen one in the Battle Maison let me break it down: Protean changes the wielder's type to match the move it's about to use. As in, before it uses it. As in, every attack a Protean Froakie uses will be STAB. AS IN A PROTEAN FROAKIE'S ATTACK AND SPECIAL ATTACK STATS MAY AS WELL BE PERMANENTLY 150% THE LISTED NUMBER WITHOUT AN ITEM'S HELP. And it's got the speed stat to use it. If you get a Protean Froakie I hatch, you bet your breakfast it's gonna be Timid.

If that makes Greninja good enough to be banned to Ubers and makes Frogadier good enough to use in at least RU... well, I do like Greninja, I got over my initial dislike of it quickly, but I like Frogadier even more... but don't take my speculation as being worth anything. All I can really say is that Protean is an obscenely good ability.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1047 on: October 17, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »
I'd very much appreciate one.

Can males pass down their hidden ability when bred with a Ditto?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1048 on: October 17, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »
They can now, yes. Confirmed day 1 via the event Torchic. Lucky thing. This Froakie is male.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1049 on: October 17, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »
Welp, just got Protean Froakie from someone else. Can't wait to try 'er out. Thanks, though.

Here's a map.

Print