Poll

Which are your favourite items from the Legend of Zelda series?

Bombs/Remote Bombs/Bombchus/Bomblings
Boomerang/Magical Boomerang/Gale Boomerang
Bottles
Bow and Arrows
Hookshot/Longshot/Clawshot(s)
Lantern
Master Sword
Hylian Shield
Mirror Shield
Slingshot
Iron Boots
Hover Boots
Pegasus Boots
Masks
Roc's Cape/Feather
Fire/Ice/Magical Rod
Bug Net
Deku Sticks
Deku Nuts
Goddess Spells (Din's Fire/Farore's Wind/Nayru's Love)
Mole/Digging/Mogma Mitts
Magic/Megaton/Skull Hammer
Whip
Spinner
Magic Armour
Telescope/Hawkeye
Biggoron Sword
Lens of Truth
Grappling Hook
Pictograph Box
Deku Leaf
Ocarina
Wind Waker
Goddess Harp
Flutes
Ball and Chain
Cane of Byrna/Somaria/Pacci
Beetle
Gust Bellows
Sailcloth
Fishing Rod
Magic Cape
Shovel
Dominion Rod
Gust Jar
Rings
Rod of Seasons/Harp of Ages
Other
Print

Author Topic: POLL: Best Zelda Items  (Read 4086 times)

« on: December 15, 2011, 02:47:29 AM »
In honour of me logging over 60 hours into Skyward Sword within the span of a week, here's a poll. :3
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:39:07 AM »
Bombs: They blow stuff up.
Hookshot: Makes you Batman
Roc's Cape: Something about freely jumping was just magical
Spinner: Would've been the coolest thing ever if it went fast when not on one of its rails. Guess they wanted to force you to keep using Epona. If I could kill Epona with the Spinner and absorb her fastness into it and use it as transportation I wouldn't even question morality, I'd do it without hesitation
Deku Leaf: Hang-gliding over stuff.

Edit: Missed the Deku Leaf box
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
Which game featured the whip?  I think I'll hold off on voting because I won't even have Skyward Sword until at least Christmas, but watching my little bro played, the remote-control beetle thing looks super awesome. 

Even though I'm not voting yet, I doubt anything can top the awesomeness of the hookshot.  So cool.  I'm a big fan of the spinner though too, that item felt pretty Metroidy, in a good way.  I'd love to see it come back and utilized a little better.

EDIT: Oh [dukar], looking at this list again just made tidal waves of nostalgia wash over me.  So many awesome items!  Hover boots and the Lens of Truth are a couple stand-outs too.  Using the Lens of Truth in the Shadow Temple to unveil ethereal pathways and invisible ghoulish monsters managed to creep me out on a regular basis.  [darn], what a series. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:36:29 AM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
So...did Weegee skip the Game Boy games, or what? Among other things, there's a distinct lack of seeds, items affecting ages and seasons, and talking hats on that list.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
Fine, I added those Oracle items. As for Minish Cap, Ezlo is more of a character than an item.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »
I chose Master Sword, Explosives, Bow and Arrows, Hover Boots, and Roc's Feather/Cape. The middle three entries are generally useful and are amazing for all sorts of helpful glitches throughout the series, while the first one is a great sword upgrade and the last is possibly the most fun item in the entire Zelda series.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 02:40:35 PM »
These poll results suck and you all suck.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »
I'm impressed to see how popular Roc's Cape is.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 02:24:44 AM »
These poll results suck and you all suck.

Care to share which Zelda items you think are the best?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »
I like items like the shovel and Lens of Truth because I like exploring.  I'm one of those people that'll dig up every square in a Zelda game or break every brick in a Mario game. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print