Print

Author Topic: Just in time for valentines day, too  (Read 5704 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« on: February 04, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »
Yesterday, my girlfriend decided that she would like to, as they say, "take some time off from our relationship", in order to sort of re-prioritize herself and make sure that the relationship isn't getting in the way of more important things. I understand that, and I respect it. In fact, I think it's actually a really good idea; we're both college students, we both have more important things to concern ourselves with. Agreeing with and respecting that decision doesn't make it not suck, though. Having a girlfriend is awesome. Not having one, which is pretty much where I'm at right now, isn't so awesome. What makes it worse is the fact that we go to schools in very different locations, so what was previously a long-distance relationship is now a long-distance un-relationship, which is both hard to wrap my mind around, and hard to get over. I know that this situation is just temporary, and I fully trust that she'll come back to me, but there's still a question of when. In the meantime, it's gonna be rough for me.

And now, I'm posting on the internet about it. Is that a good or a bad thing? I'm not entirely sure. I guess you all can be the judge of that. I just need a hug.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
* Luigison hugs BriGuy92
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »
* Turtlekid1 hugs BriGuy92
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
Same thing just happened to me too, bro. :T

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
I fully trust that she'll come back to me

Regardless,

* Weegee Christian side-hugs BriGuy
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
I'm not exactly super positive about relationships right now, seeing as my last one (and technically first real one) blew up in my face after my girlfriend did everything humanly possible to ruin us, but I'm sure you two will be fine. It's definitely weird to me to "take a break" whilst you're in a long distance relationship though. Before I cut ties with my ex, it seemed like there were tons of unwritten rules about what we could do long distance. That stuff drove me insane, but if your girlfriend isn't a destructive monster, it won't be nearly as bad as I had it.

Of course, my ex was evil and tried to manipulate me even after she broke up with me... and you two seem to have a fairly civil relationship. I trust you'll have a much better experience regardless of how difficult it may seem. I mean, at least she's not cheating on you with 2-3 different guys... simultaneously.

Seriously though, good luck. Don't stress out a whole lot; you get way too distracted if you let it get to you too much.
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
* Luigison bear hugs Weegee while bouncing up and down, rubbing his back, and kissing his cheek

* Luigison motions to BriGuy92 and everyone else to join in
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
* CrossEyed7 joins in, and starts the whole group spinning around, possibly humming the Jewish wedding "Ya-dah ya-da-da-ya-dah" song in a probably misguided but ultimately heartfelt attempt to lighten spirits

* CrossEyed7 also is here to talk anytime if you want to.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »
Thanks for the support and the laughs, everyone. Seriously, that helped a lot. I'm trying to look at this in the most positive way possible. I figure, when we actually do get back together, it'll be awesome enough to make this period of suck worth it. So for now, I'm alright. We'll see what happens going forward, I guess.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:29 PM »
* CrossEyed7 thinks this is probably the lavenderest thread since 2004
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »
* LilKitten hugs BriGuy92
Deal With It

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
* Weegee doesn't know what CrossEyed is on about, since the text is clearly salmon

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »
Martha Stewart might call it Violet Aster:

* Luigison disagrees:

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
* Weegee thinks y'all *****s be crazy, 'cuz that shiz is most definitely salmon

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 08:41:20 PM »

Print