Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145198 times)

« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
Because we absolutely needed another FE rep!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #541 on: December 15, 2015, 05:25:28 PM »
I'm a-ok with Bayonetta. It's Corrin who kinda bugs me. When exactly did Fire Emblem become the new Pokémon...?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #542 on: December 15, 2015, 06:57:09 PM »
Honestly Corrin is hella hype. FE has always been extremely underrated, and with Corrin not being a clone, I'm even more excited. As Corrin only has 1 move similar to other sword fighters, and even then it's pretty unique, I'm happy. And, while Bayonetta is pretty cool, I'd rather have, say, Crono. But at least it isn't Wolf, K. Rool or Shovel Knight.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #543 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
But at least it isn't... K. Rool

*sigh*

« Reply #544 on: December 15, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
And, while Bayonetta is pretty cool, I'd rather have, say, Crono.

I thought you were going to name another FE character.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #545 on: December 16, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »
Is the number of Fire Emblem characters even that strange, really? This is a series that has had consistent releases since the NES with no hiatuses, just like Zelda. Unlike Zelda, it does not use the same characters over and over and over--what Zelda character would you suggest to make sure the "most important series" have the most characters, Tingle? Beedle? Talon? Corrin will bring the number of Fire Emblem characters who are not clones of each other up to four--like what Zelda has. And I don't get the impression that Corrin was chosen for the same reason as Roy, just to promote the next FE. Yeah, it's kind of the same setup, but look at it this way: Roy ended up becoming a Smash legacy character who is only in now because he was in Melee. If you're going to potentially create one of those, what's better? Red Marth, or Chainsword McDragonfist?

Bayonetta looks super sick. Glad a good character was leading the ballots and none of the terrible ideas that the internet seemed to think were definitely gonna happen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #546 on: December 16, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »
They could afford to take out a couple FE characters as one new ones come in. Some are about as important to the roster as Pichu.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #547 on: December 16, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »
You saying Ike should've been dropped in favor of just Robin and a very very close Marth clone?
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #548 on: December 16, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »
Or drop Marth in favor of Lucina, who could very easily have had "Marth" as an alternate costume, especially since she even goes by that name initially in the game in which she features.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #549 on: December 16, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »
Lucina not being there would've definitely eliminated some of the sting.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #550 on: December 16, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »
Couldn't care less about Corrin, but Bayonetta should be fun. Way to kick the Geno fans while they're down with that Mii costume, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #551 on: December 17, 2015, 03:10:12 AM »
I dunno man. I just don't really get what's wrong with six Fire Emblem characters, even if one of them is a Dr. Mario and another one is a Luigi. I guess it's partly because the clones really didn't take away from development time at all, and partly because I was totally sated by getting the character I wanted the most, and the character I didn't know I wanted even more, both at launch. I bet you wish you were happy like me lol
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #552 on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:34 AM »
It's also because this version of the game led people to hope even more than before that anyone could get in.  Mega Man and Pac-Man?  It wasn't all that big of a leap to Cloud from there.  There was and is a strong presence of "different" fighters in the game while FE characters very aesthetically (and often mechanically) the same.  Not to mention there's still this sense that it's not a legitimate Nintendo IP compared to ones that have been more popular in the West traditionally, as opposed to, say, making their US debut in Melee.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #553 on: December 17, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
It annoys me that Fire Emblem characters going to be in four different places on the character select screen -- three in the main Fire Emblem section, one in the clone strip, one near the beginning of the DLC strip, and one near the end of the DLC strip. I'd pay an extra $0.25 for Bayonetta if buying her also bought a reorganized character select screen.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #554 on: December 18, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »
oh yeah that's one I'm right with you on it drives me absolutely bonkers

i mean it's not that hard to please please please

It's YOUR problem!

Print