Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 91992 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 06:09:01 PM »
Heaven, Hell, Angels, Demons, UFOs and Aliens. I'm a Christian, therefore I believe in the first four, and I believe that the Bible is accurate. Also, I think UFOs and Aliens do exist, because while the odds of finding aliens is slim, I think that it's a pretty unlikely thing that Earth is the only planet in the whole universe that contains life.

Meaning... I agree with Vid, Sapphira and Koopaslaya.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »
UFOs can't exist because by the time you say "It's a UFO!!" It's been identified as a UFO, eliminating the U part. FOs exist.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 06:21:37 PM »
Sapphira: Thanks a lot!  I thought it was a good idea too, when I first thought of it.  I'm going to add a lot more stuff later (I also thought of vampires) as soon as I figure out how to change the poll without wrecking anything, if that's possible.  Shooby dooby dooby, I'm a clueless newby!

That question of why God created evil has also confused me too.  However, Lucifer didn't start as evil but just an angel.  I think the Bible said somewhere that he was the most beautiful one and he wanted to be God and for everyone to worship him, so God cast him out of Heaven.  However, Lucifer somehow took 1/3 of all the angels with him and they became demons (pretty freaky, huh?).  All of this stuff was reinacted in a play I was in once and it was the coolest thing.  The guy playing God stood on a small balcony while the angels (including me, as one of my parts) stayed on the ground and worshipped him.  But then Satan walked up to the balcony, poninted his finger at God, and climbed up there with him and pointed for everyone to worship him (this was a mime play so no one ever said anything).  Then God literally "shoved" him off the balcony and he dropped off to the floor on a mattress.  Then... a boatload of other cool stuff happened and I don't feel like telling you now, sorry.

To me, I think some UFOs are machines that the government is building and testing while others are actually real alien ships.  My theory of the aliens, is also something that sounds positively rediculous, which is that aliens could be demons in disguise and trying to make people stop believing in God (as one just thing).  I'm glad that I've never been ubducted though!

Btw, if there are any Bible readers out there who want to solve a mind-boggling mystery that has something to do with this topic, read Job 40:15-24 and chapter 41.  Holy smokes, it's the behemoth vs. the leviathan!!! O___O And then check out Genesis 6:1-4 for... the nephilim!!! X___X
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:28:44 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 06:29:28 PM »
Edit Poll > Add Option (and fill in the empty box) (repeat step as needed), change "Maximum votes per user."
You can also edit any of the options; it won't change the results.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 06:36:40 PM »
Thank you.  Hey, when you said witches did you mean the kind that fly on broomsticks or just those who practice witchcraft?  I know for sure there are still those kind of witches around today.

Edit: Okay, I added more and moved "None of the above" and then all the votes for that went to 0.  So I guess I can't move anything, can I? >_< Plus, the "maximum votes" box isn't there so I can't change the maximum number of votes and it stays at 17 all the time (even though I started with 100).  Also, if I leave that area blank will it automatically let people vote as much as they want?  And what exactly does Lock Poll do?  I can't work this crazy thing!! *screams for one minute and three seconds*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:48:23 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 08:02:48 PM »
Hahaha...one minute and three seconds...
Anyway, I just believe that a fallen angel is another term for demon because once an angel has fallen from heaven it becomes a terrible creature in Hell (or "the bad place") known as a demon.  So, Satan is technically a demon also, so believing in demons may already mean that you believe in Satan, but not necessarily because at the same time you could believe that demons do exist, but there is simply no such thing as Satan, which is not what I believe, therefore saying that I do believe there is a Satan who is a demon, but there are also other demons that followed him to Hell ("the bad place") because of their lack of apparent loyalty and misguidance....unfortunately...
But there are also angels, who remained loyal to God through it all.  :)

And I don't think anyone's bored enough to sit around and vote a ton of times on one poll, so I can't see that being much of a problem.  Oh, and I dunno what a Lock Poll is.  I'm not good with all of this Poll mumbo jumbo.

Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »
It's so no-one can vote in the poll, but posting is still permitted. The poll can be reopened.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
Fixed, YSR. Also made it so people can remove/change their votes. "Moving" categories doesn't work; it just changes the names of the categories to something else.

As for witches, it can be whatever anyone defines as a witch. I believe/know there are people who practice witchcraft (I suppose it would mean "successfully" or something), but I don't believe in the flying-on-brooms stereotypical witches like those in cartoons.

Then again, I also believe there's Satan, but I totally do not believe/accept that he's a red "devil" with a tail and horns and pitchfork, and he does NOT reside in/rule over "heck" (he doesn't want to be there, just like no one else would want to be there; he roams the earth)--all as portrayed by cartoons and such.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:24:08 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:02 PM »
Thanks again, Sapphira!  I agree that the devil probably wouldn't look like that, but probably look very beautiful to fool us easier.  My pastor once said something funny.  "The devil won't show up at your front door with a pitch fork and wearing a T-shirt that says 'I'm the devil and I'm here to tempt you!' " Heh heh.

TBT: Yep.  I know that it says in Revelation at the end of the world he is sent to (the bad place) and trapped there for a thousand years, released again for some reason I don't know, and then sent back there forever.  Hallelujah!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:33:10 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2006, 10:02:49 PM »
This topic is another religion debate.
Also, the poll needs WAY more choices.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 10:06:59 PM »
Sorry, that wasn't my main intention for this thread.  When people ask questions about some religious things I can't help but start talking about stuff. (But it is pretty hard to avoid that when you talk about beliefs).  I'll get a bunch more choices soon!

Does anyone think I should reset the votes since I messed up a few things and this topic just started?  I don't care if no one else does.

Edit: The reason I replied so fast is because I've been editing things too much again. And talking way too much too. >_>
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:20:23 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »
Also, the poll needs WAY more choices.

Put like Pagan Gods up there or somethng. It's a lost religion, but still..........
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2006, 02:36:16 PM »
I think the UFO choice is somewhat unfitting, because UFOs exist, period. However, alien spacecraft may or may not exist (I'll leave that to you). But UFOs - Unidentified Flying Objects - are 100% real.
every

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2006, 02:58:01 PM »
Bird Person: Ha ha!  I didn't get that at first but then later I laughed. "It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's... a FO!"

Glorb: Oh, I see what you mean.  Like if someone took a large frisby to a country without frisbies and threw it up in the air over a small village, that would be a UFO!  I see.  And that is our science lesson for today, class.  For homeword, please buy a large frisby and throw it around town until someone calls it a UFO. XD -_-_-_-_-_-_- (((.)))

Anyone have any more suggestions for options?  I'm still trying to think of more stuff but it ain't easy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 03:01:21 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2006, 03:00:04 PM »
What happen's when you die?

Print