Poll

Have you ever clicked on the ads?

Yes
10 (35.7%)
No
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Advertisements on TMK  (Read 16930 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 09:48:59 AM »
I used to occasionally click adds, but since I was annoyed by the expanding ads I've had them blocked. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 02:21:59 PM »
That doesn't happen anymore. I agree that the ads IGN (IGN > GameSpy > ClassicGaming > TMK) used were annoying.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »
Who clicks on ANY banner ad, anyway? (what I want to know is who the dingalings are that actually do those "__ the __ and get a free __" things)

Even if the ad is for something interesting, I don't click it anyway, mostly out of fear of pop-ups, viruses and my own guilt over doing it in the first place.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 11:34:08 PM »
Guilt? No one is harmed by your clicking. Clicking on an ad does not require you to purchase or take part in whatever is being advertised. And it's easy to avoid popups (close them, or use a browser with a popup blocker) and viruses (don't download anything).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 01:08:46 AM »
No one is harmed by your clicking.
Except some mice. X)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »
I honestly don't click ads. They are just 'not there' when I look at a site, brain just ignores them. Even though, I believe it is important to have them if they are useful (help pay for the site costs) but otherwise, yea... the ads aren't that bad, I just don't click them.
-M. Kava
Gaming Addict Since 1993.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »
I honestly don't click ads. They are just 'not there' when I look at a site, brain just ignores them. Even though, I believe it is important to have them if they are useful (help pay for the site costs) but otherwise, yea... the ads aren't that bad, I just don't click them.
Agreed. Here is all I have to say about it.
1. Don't like pop-ups? Simple. Don't click on ads.
2. Really interested in ads?  go ahead and click on them. Ignore pop-ups about
"U JUST WON A FREE WII* LOLZ
*$1,000,000 Shipping cost"
3.  Honestly, I just don't understand some ads, like the one mentioned earlier.
5. There is no #4.
Fallen off the edge of a cliff.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 08:39:21 AM »
...We have ads?

(The joys of Firefox!)
We have a secret page!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
Guilt? No one is harmed by your clicking. Clicking on an ad does not require you to purchase or take part in whatever is being advertised. And it's easy to avoid popups (close them, or use a browser with a popup blocker) and viruses (don't download anything).
One word. VIRUSES. You don't have to download any thing for them to install themselves. And if not viruses then cookies, adware, you name it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:59:23 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »
Good job reading my post.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
Thank you.
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 07:09:10 PM »
Cookies can easily be blocked and spyware can be avoided (again, don't download anything).

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 01:17:34 AM »
One word. VIRUSES. You don't have to download any thing for them to install themselves. And if not viruses then cookies, adware, you name it.
This isn't a problem if you don't use IE.  And Google wouldn't allow sites with viruses to advertise anyway.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »
I'm very protected. I have Mcafee, Norton, AVG and Windows Defender which may make my computer
one of the most protected on the forums.
(Can anyone tell me why my spelling is always so presise?)
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
(Can anyone tell me why my spelling is always so presise?)
No, I don't think anybody can.

Print