Print

Author Topic: Selling out?  (Read 2151 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 01, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »

I think the point missed above is that streaming is the new point of sale method and even though the per stream price is extremely low most music in the future will be consumed this way.  The same will be true for movies and games. 

I may have a huge CD collection from my youth, but most of my music now come through services like Pandora and Amazon. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
I've given up on downloading music. In fact, it's been months since I last opened iTunes.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »
I like to think of myself as a "gentleman pirate"--I pay for little of my music, but prefer to take instead from physical CDs borrowed from the library or friends' computers in person.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »
I only download video game soundtracks since they aren't normally available in CD form.

My favorite mp3 site hasn't been updated in a long time though..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print