Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl released in North America  (Read 15587 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
It's a problem with the laser getting dirty.  So if your Wii was kept in a clean environment, it should be fine.
I guess I'll find out when Brawl comes here... thanks for the info. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
I got my copy and played it yesterday. THIS IS THE BEST GAME ON THE WII, PERIOD!!!

Well...... except for Super Mario Galaxy.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »
Dang it, Brawl won't work on my Wii...

Does anyone have any possible suggestions before I ship it off to Nintendo (or someone else) for cleaning?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
Yeah, I had read an article about tobacco smoke and dust screwing up Brawl because it's a dual-layer DVD, right?

Well, personally, I've had more than a few problems with Brawl not working. I've had it randomly quit on me about 4 or 5 times (the Wii is in a perfectly clean environment), once so bad it just froze my Wii up completely and I couldn't turn it off or sync my remote up with it; then, after I rebooted it it had killed my internet connection and all that good stuff so I had to reconnect all that crap.

I did see that video on IGN where they tested the Wi-Fi stuff with a few random brawls trying to prove its quality and the framerate was awesome.... You will probably never had that good of a connection. It's never that good. It's crappy at best. It's always choppy and whatever input you throw in there is delayed by a second at least, so you annoyingly never know what you're doing. It will very, very rarely sync up right and if it does it will last for about half a second if that before it just goes choppy and slow again. You know it's going to be an unbearable two minutes if the animations of everyone coming into the brawl before the fight is choppy. If that happens to you, just go ahead and get out now because it'll never be right. It takes about 98% of the fun out of online, and the fact that it's completely anonymous is not cool. Also, I remember all the talk of custom messages for online play and whatnot... now it's just for playing with friends.... not cool.

Everything else though, is very amazing. I loved Subspace. I wish every Mario game and everything could look that good.... if they made a remake or new SMB with the looks of Mushroomy Kingdom, then that'd be an amazing game... or a Mario movie with that kind of look... but I'm just dreamin'.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
I have had flawless matches with Deezer and some guy from Canada. "Crappy at best" is a gross overstatement. If it's choppy at the beginning it does not mean the entire match will be that bad. My experiences online have proven this.
So basically, you're totally wrong.
That was a joke.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
After a couple of delays, the highly anticipated Super Smash Bros. Brawl is out now in North America.
Wow, when did this happen? XD
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 02:48:27 AM »
Whoops. I forgot to mention that this happens only when choosing the "With Anyone" option. (Haven't tried With Friends yet)

It is not choppy if you spectate, but Basic and 2 vs. 2 have never, ever been fluid. In the case of Basic and 2 vs. 2 I can safely say, based on countless and countless annoying online matches trying to make myself think it will get better, the framerate is indeed crappy. My Wii is in an absolutely no-interference location and I've always had an excellent connection. So, no, you can't really say that I'm totally wrong since I've seen it with my own two eyes. I guess absolutely no one I've played has had a wonderful connection like I've had which would be kinda weird.
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 09:56:20 AM »
Sounds to me like you do have a crappy connection.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print