Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Cookie Released on Virtual Console (NA)  (Read 6108 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:22:35 AM »
Yoshi's sweet tooth puzzle game, Yoshi's Cookie, has been released on North American Virtual Console. Hop into the kitchen with Yoshi and download this game now for only 500 Wii Points.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
Awesome. I've never played Yoshi's Cookie before, and I find it difficult to find the NES or SNES ports.
I only ever played Yoshi for the NES when it came to Yoshi-based puzzle titles.

This may be on my list of to-buy VC games.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »
I've played the SNES version of Yoshi's Cookie. Good game, but I played it for only two reasons: Yoshi's in it, and the great title music. As with Wario's Woods though, I can't imagine playing the NES version because I'd be spoiled by the better graphics and sound in the SNES version.

Back then I liked anything Yoshi, and planned to buy Yoshi's Safari no matter what (I thought it'd be the best Yoshi game ever... this is obviously before Yoshi's Island came along). Boy am I glad I held off - I don't think the Super Scope lasted too long.

As for Yoshi, I played that on Game Boy. I don't know what's grabbed IGN's tail, I liked "Yoshi", simple but fun.
You didn't say wot wot.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
I plan on buying Yoshi's Safari and a Super Scope when I come across one, I've always been a fan of Yoshi and their games. I really want to play Yoshi's Cookie badly.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »
Played all three on emulators and I own the actual NES cartridge of Yoshi's cookie but in all the SNES one is more fun because it has colorful backgrounds.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print