Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii Released in North America  (Read 10915 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »
Mario Kart Wii races to store shelves across North America today. Pick up your copy, with a free Wii Wheel, for $49.99.

If you pick up the game, please post your friend code in the Fungi Forums!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:39:53 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:57:13 AM »
They did a midnight release at GameStop, but I'm in no hurry. I'll go after school Monday and pick it up.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:08:21 AM »
I have it.

Bwahaha.

I need to blog sooner, though.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
Post your friend code in the thread :D
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »
I thought it releashed on the 28th... Time to go get a copy then.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »
I got it today... at GameCrazy... and thusforth had to endure an embarassing Wii Fit shill not once, but twice (once with me, once with me and my dad) by the noobish clerk ("It's tracks your BMI, blah blah blah, it's the hottest game this year, blah blah blah..."). So I'm pretty much broke now (at the piggy bank at least), though no games currently announced for the rest of... ever are grabbing my interest, so that shouldn't be a problem.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
I got it. It's better than Brawl, IMO, but much more unfair.

Rosalina in sweat clothes FTW.

Rainbow Road = Hardest MK Track ever.

Post your friend code in the thread :D
Do you mean this thread?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:47:18 PM »
Is it just me or do blue winged shells appear even MORE often now?! >:(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
Rainbow Road = Hardest MK Track ever.
Do you mean this thread?
1. So far I agree.  I've got a lot more to play before making my final call though.
2. No, http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=11618.0
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »
I got it today... at GameCrazy... and thusforth had to endure an embarassing Wii Fit shill not once, but twice (once with me, once with me and my dad) by the noobish clerk ("It's tracks your BMI, blah blah blah, it's the hottest game this year, blah blah blah..."). So I'm pretty much broke now (at the piggy bank at least), though no games currently announced for the rest of... ever are grabbing my interest, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Better than what GameStop was pushing (Rock Band? sigh..)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 06:46:42 PM »
Except Rock Band is actually a popular game...

MKWii is decent. And, unless there's more to be done with motion control, the advantage the Wii Wheel gives is a lie. Go crazy with the GC controller's D-Pad after a jump, you get boosts, barrel rolls and stuff that way as well.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
Except Rock Band is actually a popular game...
More like good. Wii Fit's plenty popular (and it hasn't even come out), but worth $90? Worth anything? (jumping jacks and push-ups are free, you know)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »
Except Rock Band is actually a popular game that will lose all relevance and be a shell of its former self when it's released on the Nintendo Wii.

Edited to clarify what BP really meant.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
Look on the bright side--you won't ever have to worry about that happening to MKWii ;)

Rosalina in sweat clothes FTW.

I'm having a hard time picturing that.

I want to go pick up the game, but I might not have time for a few days.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print