Poll

What advice do you have

new stratedy
tips
walkthrough
Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy help needed  (Read 6024 times)

« on: June 25, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
I NEED HELP!!!

I am currently stuck on the Toy Time Galaxy's Purple Coin Challenge.  This is the last star I need before I unlock Luigi.  I have already tried several strategies of completing it, but all have failed!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:01:50 PM by K-Far »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »
Luigi's Purple Coins, eh?

I myself was stuck on this one a while back.

The main things to remember are to leave a route back to the start (where the star spawns) when you collect 100 coins, and to grab the 1-Up at the far corner of the area to prevent a net loss of lives if you keep dying.  Also, the long jump and midair spin are your friends.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »
Luigi's Purple Coins, eh?
the last star I need before I unlock Luigi.

Not that it matters...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »
I'd highly recommend taking a look at my video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6q0IUVv04E&fmt=18

In this video, I collect all 150 Purple Coins instead of just 100, but you can alter the path a little bit to reach your goal of 100 Purple Coins easier. Other than that, I'd recommend a more careful approach to the level, meaning that you take your time and save as many green platforms as possible.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Once you've started collecting, make sure you don't go back for any you may have missed, once you've started its best not to turn back until the star has appeared, this will help to leave as many platforms untouched as possible for the trip back. Work your way from the beginning of the course all the way to the end, jumping in zig zag motions from platform to platform as to collect as many coins you can. Make sure that the 'last' area you collect, is where you have to long jump four times to get a massive amount of coins. The area where this is located is the very end of the stage, on the right hand side. That is why it should be last, and you most likely will have 100 coins by the time you have long jumped for them all. Really the best way is to make a pattern of collecting, sort of like a course for yourself. What I just explained was my pattern, and it works very well for me. Everytime I play that level I get it almost everytime. Anyways good luck. :)
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Print