Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 78059 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:50 PM »
It's great how all it takes is a picture of a female to completely derail a thread.

One step at a time, gentlemen.

Methinks it's because a lot of people here have never seen a girl in real life before and they're imagining what she would look like if she was their cosplay fantasy.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
That would be a more valid statement if there was some videogame vixen who was Asian and fought with an iron.

...Which, by all accounts, there should be.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2010, 08:10:50 AM »
She does look a little bit like Faith from Mirror's Edge.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2010, 08:11:42 AM »
That would be a more valid statement if there was some videogame vixen who was Asian and fought with an iron.

...Which, by all accounts, there should be.

Well, in SSB, Peach fights with a golf club that may or may not be an iron (I don't know my golf equipment very well; can anyone confirm this?).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
Also, she was created in the Land of the Rising Sun, which is situated in Asia.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »
I posted that picture because I said "wat" when I read Luigison responding to me when I never said anything at all.
Ah.  Sorry, that was meant for Trainman.  I think I'm getting too old to rely on my memory. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:35 PM »
They both have a T and an M in their name. That's pretty good for a 37-year-old.

Huh. Apparently you have the same birthday as the girl I had a crush on in 8th grade.

(happy birthday btw)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
I was typing a post insinuating that you were a creepy stalker but no, it's kind of sweet that you remember her birthday. And I guess 1-11 is an easy date to remember.

Happy birthday, L'son. You should treat yourself by buying VVVVVV. It's your kind of game.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Her birthday initially stuck out in my memory back then because she was closer in age to me than everyone else in school (I'm November 89, she's January 90; pretty much everyone else is 87), since I skipped two grades. Also Facebook reminded me yesterday (though I would have remembered anyway). No, the creepy part is that I still remember that she hugged me on January 6, 2003 (mainly because I wrote about it in my diary in Animal Crossing, so the date popped up every time I looked at the January page).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
I dunno, I remember weird stuff like this too (I don't write it down though) just because I am prone to remembering little facts like that. I don't consider myself creepy, but I often wonder whether and come to the conclusion that other people generally don't remember facts and events such as the ones I tend to.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
I think you can learn a lot about yourself by thinking back not only on what you remember, but on why you remember the things you do. Every memory you have is there because that experience in one way or another made some kind of particularly outstanding impression on you at the time. It can be really enlightening to consider what those impressions were and why you got them.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
Well, in SSB, Peach fights with a golf club that may or may not be an iron (I don't know my golf equipment very well; can anyone confirm this?).

Well, she does swing a driver (1 Wood), but drivers aren't made of iron (or wood... and irons [clubs] haven't been made out of iron for a long time). Noting that Smash Bros. debuted her golf club in the 2000s in Melee, we can assume that it's either made of titanium or carbon fiber like most modern day drivers.

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
Well, she does swing a driver (1 Wood)
How do you know it's a 1 Wood?

If that fact is true, it's not a driver. It's a wood. That's why they call them woods.

If you just made it up, like I'm assuming, then she might actually be swinging a driver.

In either case, a fairway wood is a lot different from a driver.

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:29 PM »
Neither of which are actually made from wood anymore. Or iron, for that matter.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
bobman, what the hell are you even talking about?

1.) "1 Wood" and "driver" are synonymous. I didn't invent the word out of nowhere. "Driver" is what you'd very commonly call your 1 Wood because it's the lowest lofted club; it's the one providing the "driving" force off the tee, hence the name. The term "1 Wood" is not typically even used these days in favor of "driver."
2.) They're called woods because they used to be made out of wood, just like irons being made out of iron back in the day. They're still called by those terms because it's tradition (and less confusing). "Metals" and "metal woods" are uncommon, but acceptable, names for woods, for example.
3.) Why would she be swinging anything else but a driver? That would lower the coolness factor.
4.) Yeah, no [dukar] fairway woods are a lot different from the driver. However, the driver and fairway woods aren't completely different clubs. They're still in the wood family.

Neither of which are actually made from wood anymore. Or iron, for that matter.
5.) If you read my post (you didn't), I specifically said woods and irons aren't even made out of those materials anymore. I quote from my previous post:
...but drivers aren't made of iron (or wood... and irons [clubs] haven't been made out of iron for a long time).

Recap: Driver and 1 Wood refers to the same club. You're an idiot. Gather knowledge (and read my posts) before blindly attacking me/anyone else and writing off everything in a post as wrong or a lie. Lastly, what's with you and this random attack out of nowhere?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:46:18 PM by Trainman »

Print