TMK Stuff > Site Discussion

Will there ever be another mailbag?

<< < (4/5) > >>

The Chef:
A few responses:

- Your first sentence would explain how Bowser got Bowser Jr. even though he apparently doesn't have a mother.
- Geno has never been confirmed to be a Star Spirit, nor has the 'Star Road' ever been confirmed to be the same place as Star Haven. It feels more like Paper Mario wrote whatever was established in Mario RPG out of existence.
- I think Mario's planet might really be called "Earth".  The world of Dragon Ball was called "Earth" and it certainly didn't resemble our Earth (what with having just one big continent, talking animals living alongside humans, intelligent fictional species of dinosaurs roaming around, cars that can fit inside capsules, houses that look like domes, people without noses, the list goes on).
- I don't think the Angry Sun was a deity so much as a sun-shaped monster.
- If the Star Spirits are exclusive to Mario's planet, does that mean other populated planets don't get to have wishes? Or is Mario's planet the only densely populated world in Mario's universe?
- Seeing how both Galaxies strongly imply the rest of Mario's universe operates on the same logic as his planet (there's ? blocks, coins, mushrooms, planetoids shaped like Yoshi Eggs, etc. all over the place), I doubt there are any that follow real-life rules of reproduction.

Toad:
Star Hill became Shooting Star Summit, so I'm going to assume the Star Road (Mario RPG's version) became Star Haven.

I could see Rosalina creating the planets, and then letting local deities take over from there (I guess the Star Spirits kind of watch over Mario's World, though we haven't seen them in a bit).

I agree with CrossEyed's first sentence too.

The Chef:
I'll take this moment to point out that both Star Hill and Shooting Star Summit are called Hoshi no Furu Oka (lit. "falling star hill") in Japan, so they're quite literally supposed to be the same place even though the location has been moved.

This is giving me an idea for another thread...

ShadowBrain:

--- Quote from: The Chef on January 11, 2015, 08:55:46 PM ---Isn't that more ShadowBrain or Weegee's territory? :P

--- End quote ---
Dang, I'm losing my timeliness around here.

CrossEyed7:
I figure other planets have their own deities, who would grant wishes or do whatever. Actually, I almost wonder if the Star Spirits are just for the Mushroom Kingdom, and other kingdoms have their own patron deities, like the Beanstar. If SMRPG is still canon, the Star Spirits at least cover Nimbus Land, though.

And yeah, I wasn't thinking of the Angry Sun as a deity, I was just thinking in terms of "things that should be giant balls of gas burning millions of miles away but are actually four feet tall and within walking distance."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version