Print

Author Topic: SM64 Coins  (Read 2636 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 15, 2002, 10:27:55 PM »
I am going back and replaying all of the Mario games while I save up to get a GC.  I plan to re-solve every level of every Mario game.  Well, not Mario is Missing or Mario Teaches Typing.  Anyway...

I was wondering if anyone has ever got all the coins in Super Mario 64.  I mean the ones that are not in levels.  Like the two under the bridge, the two on each side of the stairs, and all (9 I think) from killing the ghosts, etc.  If so, does anything happen?

I haven't got the two under the bridge yet.  Is is possible to jump/bounce of the wall to get them once the water is lowered?  Can the water be raised again?

Also, has anyone here ever made it to the top of the castle without getting all the stars?  If so, is yoshi there?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 10:39:34 PM »
Yes, I get the coins under the bridge all the time... like this:
Pur your back against the wall. Run, then side somersault back to the wall. At the peak of your jump, wall kick straight up to the coin. When you get both of them, you get a 1UP.
Yes, people at least claim to have gotten on top of the castle without 120 stars... by triple jumping and wall kicking.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 08:26:53 AM »
I actually did get to the top of Peach's Castle without having 120 stars... That was a LONG time ago, I have since forgotten how to do it!

By the way, Yoshi is not at the top of the castle if you have less than 120 stars.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 09:09:21 PM »
Then that means all those "tip" sites lied!

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/20/2002 7:09:51 PM
That was a joke.

Print