Print

Author Topic: NES / SNES / N64 / GBA on GameCube?  (Read 4021 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 27, 2002, 05:00:02 PM »
Nintendo is making the adapter to play Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advanced games on the GameCube.

I have a TriStar64 that allows me to play Famicom-NES, SNES, and N64 games on my N64.

Maybe a company like TriStar or better yet Nintendo will make an adapter that will play NES / SNES / N64 / GBA on GameCube.  This could be done like the old Tristar64 and the new GB on GC adapter except with a slot for each type of cart. on each of the Cubes 4 sides.

It is unlikely that nintendo will do it since they are no longer making profit on the old games, but at least we could hope.

Or, at least they could bring back the classic games.  I would love to have all of the Zelda games on one disk.  All the Mario games like on Allstars too.  It would be great if Capcom made a Best of Megaman like Sega did with Sonic.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 12:12:45 AM »
It's highly unlikely, considering how bulky it would have to be... they probably wouldn't be able fit all the cart slots onto one thing. Besides, all I need is a SNES to complete my collection.

Yeah, a best of Mega Man would ROCK! Only... that's already been done in Rockman Complete Works for PSX and the Mega Man: The Wily Wars for Genesis. But yeah... GCN graphics on all 7 original Mega Man games... (Mega Man 8 I don't care about) and Rockman & Forte... that would be cool. Then, add in Mega Man X, X2 and X3... that would totally rock.
And then, SMAS2... with Yoshi's Island... and SMRPG... and SM64... and SMS... and *drops to floor, unconscious.*
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 09:34:50 AM »
I can see it done, but the problem would be the different controlers, because the stores won't suddenly stock the old controllers for one accesory. Also what if you have no games? There are too many problems.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 01:04:15 PM »
Probably we'll just get more compilation disks, not a NES adaptor.

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 09:08:12 PM »
Disk: Circular magnetic film encased in plastic
Disc: Optical media

That's DISC, not disk.

And besides, people, WHAT, you don't all have your NESs anymore?? Sacrelige!

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 09:54:28 PM »
I still have my NES. It's out at my grandparents' camp, for when I'm trapped in the wilderness without newer technology. :D

I think they'll keep porting NES/SNES games to the GBA, it's lots easier. N64 games? Maybe they'll get remade/sequelled, like with Sunshine and Mario Party 4. I don't want to see them put out an adaptor and then leave the issue, since I personally buy a new game about one every never and I don't own any of my old favourites (since ROMs don't count).

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2002, 11:32:04 PM »
Heh. I'm Mr. I spent $300 on GCN games alone in the past year. Not to mention all those N64 and NES games...
Personally, I don't think they need an adaptor... mainly because I have the old systems. I just gotta get a real SNES... or not, considering my ZSnes works perfectly and I have tons or ROMs... so really, I think all they need is this new GBA adaptor... then they'll pretty much be set with every kind of connectivity that at least I can think of.

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 11:50:58 AM »
Obviously, you guys haven't heard one VERY important announcement from Nintendo...

Nintendo has planned to give away a FREE bonus disk of the original Zelda: Ocarina of Time if you pre-order the new Zelda: The Wind Waker for GameCube!

Imagine if Nintendo did this with future sequels to N64 games... having the original N64 titles ported onto a GameCube disk would be a cool addition!
---------------------------------------------

So you see, we won't need all these emulators or add-on adapters to play classic games. If Nintendo simply ports the originals onto a GameCube disk, then all shall be well...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 12/9/2002 9:54:05 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 11:03:36 PM »
But have they updated it any? Or is it still the low-poly models with crummy textures?
Anyway, I have OoT on my N64 so it doesn't really matter to me...
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 11:46:01 PM »
Somebody asked me a few days ago where they could get a Tristar64.  I told them I would sell mine on ebay.  The url is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3580&item=1944318985
I am also selling it with a Famicom/NES 32 in 1 "Super Wonderful Mario" cart.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 01:06:28 AM »
What all exactly is on that cart?
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 11:46:18 PM »
Super Mario All-Stars for the GameCube would rock...it could have SMB, both SMB2's, SMB3, SMW, and SMW2:YI in sleek 3-D graphics with lushly orchestrated versions of the music.  And perhaps a brand new platform game in the set too?

I dream too much...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 08:05:37 AM »
The "Super Wonderful Mario" 32 game in 1 famicom/nes cart. contains:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Brothers 2 (U.S. version of Doki Doki Panic)
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario (Arcade edition)
Adventure
Fast Mario
Battle City 1, 2, & 3
Marine Tank 1, 2, & 3
United Nation Tank I
Great Britian Tank 1, 2, & 3
Super Great Britian Tank 1, 2, & 3
International Tank II
Super Galaxian 1991
Special Mario (Spec Mario)
Super Adventure I
Super Adventure II
Super Mario 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5, 3-6, & 3-7

It's mostly different version or levels of the above games.

Ebay ended my auction with the Tristar64 and the multi cart together because they said the cart was copyright infringing.  Of course their right, but now I have to relist the tristar by itself.  I noticed other tristars sold for between $94 and $99 on ebay, but I don't know what the cart is worth.

Super Wonderful Mario
‚Æ‚¢â€š¤â€“¼â€˜O‚Å“ú–{‚ÌÆ’cÆ’Cƒ“ƒtÆ’@Æ’~Æ’Rƒ“‚Å•’Ê‚ÉÆ’vÆ’Å’Æ’C‚Å‚«â€šÜ‚·ÂB
“à—e‚ÍÆ’}Æ’Å Æ’I‚t‚r‚`‚Å‚·ÂB

Edited by - Luigison on 12/13/2002 6:24:01 AM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2002, 12:41:15 PM »
I have relisted the tristar64 with more information and pictures on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3580&item=1945542356

If anyone here wins it I will throw in the famicom "Super Wonderful Mario" 32 in 1 multicart a Mario Kart kids meal toy and all 3 of my nes Mario games.

Or, I might end the auction early and trade for GCN or GBA games.  

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2002, 11:42:06 PM »
sounds like something i must blow my mortgage debt on.

crash: gamecube is cool.
spyro: of course it is.
mario: only cause im on it.

Print