Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707656 times)

« Reply #4680 on: July 20, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
I have ANGST because my copy of Firefox (v3.0.1 for XP SP3) is using quite frankly stupid amounts of memory and CPU (50mb-150mb of RAM) and making my other programs (which usually consist of Windows Live Messenger and Media Player 11, which usually don't cross over 50mb of RAM used) lag horribly. Worse still, the tips I see on the internet to stop this problem don't even apply to my copy of Firefox, it seems; I don't see any of the settings they specify to change when I try to change them.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4681 on: July 20, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »
50 - 150MB is not bad at all for Firefox.  If you have extensions, try uninstalling them.

« Reply #4682 on: July 20, 2008, 09:10:06 PM »
I am so sick of reality shows. We just got through watching the Design Star on the Home and Garden channel, then we switched over to the Food Network to watch the Next Food Network Star.

Whatever happened to just good old sitcoms and other shows? The only things on are either reality tv or CSI (I like the latter, fyi). It's no wonder more people are buying DVD's instead of watching tv. It's times like this that I don't particularly miss having cable.

It's also no wonder I play games all the time..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:16:48 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4683 on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
I agree. When I grew tired of watching reruns of cartoons there was nothing good waiting for me on the other end. It's all malicious, hateful contestants scheming against team members or dancing for money. Commercials don't help. The only thing I enjoy watching is this new game show called Wipeout. But I never watch TV alone anymore. No reason I'd want to.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4684 on: July 21, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
I've only seen a few interesting, original shows on television in the past few years. Each show seems to be a near replica of one I've seen before. Where has the creativity gone? What we need is something so apocalyptically insane that it works, like a show about a team of female welders that move to a pharmacy in the sky together and make a living by selling prescription drugs to angels. What's the catch? Diamantrius the Demon appears in each episode, disguised as an angel, only because he wants to abuse pills. The show could stay interesting by having episodes where, for example, the female welders travel down to hell to slay Diamantrius, or there could be side-plots involving the angel customers. Right there, in about a minute, I created a show more awesome than 99% of all existing shows. Is there a producer in the house?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4685 on: July 21, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
The plot can be crazy as all crap, but the structure that you described sounds exactly like Charmed.

There should be a network for just sitcoms that that all the other networks can focus on real shows. Sitcoms only qualify as a TV show in that they appear on TV and are shown to you.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4686 on: July 21, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
Anybody can come up with a reality tv show.  It's time to get back to real television shows.  All hail the revolution!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4687 on: July 21, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
Jman fails to remember that the revolution will not be televised.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4688 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
The plot can be crazy as all crap, but the structure that you described sounds exactly like Charmed.

There should be a network for just sitcoms that that all the other networks can focus on real shows. Sitcoms only qualify as a TV show in that they appear on TV and are shown to you.

Yeah, let's take every genre of TV show and confine them to their own separate channels, proving our disdain for diversity.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4689 on: July 21, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »
I'm trying my best to stick it out until this Fall and the return of Heroes (and hopefully Chuck).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4690 on: July 21, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
Yeah, let's take every genre of TV show and confine them to their own separate channels, proving our disdain for diversity.

Well, that would work out well. I like the idea of turning on my TV and basically being able to select precisely what kind of show I want to watch, when (they've already done that for stuff I don't care about, like ESPN and all the news channels). But then maybe we should just outlaw sitcoms, since they suck.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4691 on: July 21, 2008, 04:41:21 PM »
The only thing I enjoy watching is this new game show called Wipeout.

Agreed. I've actually went out of my way just to watch that along with I Survived a Japanese Gameshow. But that one needs more gameshow action and less drama crap. Otherwise, the only thing I really watch is America's Funniest Home Videos.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4692 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
Exactly! I watched that one and it's got all the stupid that other reality shows have. I hope the backstage part of that one isn't actually aired in Japan, it's embarrassing...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4693 on: July 21, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
My speakers are acting up! Grr...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #4694 on: July 21, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »
Well, that would work out well. I like the idea of turning on my TV and basically being able to select precisely what kind of show I want to watch, when (they've already done that for stuff I don't care about, like ESPN and all the news channels). But then maybe we should just outlaw sitcoms, since they suck.

You realize that's exactly what TiVo and OnDemand are for right?

Also there are plenty of shows with different settings, structures and stories, the problem is many people don't branch out beyond what they're comfortable with and they end up cancelled before the season even finishes.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print