Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Mario's special moves  (Read 15716 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »

Mario and FLUDD will reunite in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Serving as Mario's new down special move, FLUDD shoots out water that pushes opponents back. The spray does no damage, but it can be charged up with the B button.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
The fact that it doesn't do damage, makes it feel a bit gimicky.

I guess if you charge it up enough, we might be able to knock opponents with high damage percentage out of the arena.  If that's the case, it won't be all that useless.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
Well.... so far Samus and Link have been given bit drastic changes, but I didn't expect Mario to break tradition. I wonder what they've cooked up for Kirby, Pikachu, DK and the rest...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »
I'd like to see a gameplay video of just how quickly it pushes. I also wonder if it will be aimable like the projectile items.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 02:50:46 PM »
It would definitely be useful in annoying your friends as they try to jump back onto the stage.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »
New strategies for Mario, I guess.

Note: I can't go on as much now because of certain reasons...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:00:11 PM »
I guess this could mean the Poltergust for Luigi...

FLUDD? Woot, and all, but I think it would've been even cooler as an item. But the Mario Tornado still there?!? Quit toying with us, Sakurai!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »
But the Mario Tornado still there?!? Quit toying with us, Sakurai!
Considering we've already seen characters that can lose/destroy their own special moves (Diddy rocket, Wario motorcycle, etc.), I think they must revert to a secondary special after they lose their first.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:20:43 PM »
They didn't give me a secondary up-special when Nana died!! :<

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 06:04:59 PM »
I'm going to jump to conclusion and say "Thanks for ruining Mario, Sora." This is the first thing that makes me think this game may not be a Melee 2 like I want, but well see.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:07:32 PM by Metric »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »
Of course it isn't going to be a Melee 2. It's going to be SSBB. This means things are going to be different.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
If you ask me, this warrants not even comparing this game to Melee anymore. It's more of an alternate sequel in that it expands on different concepts from SSB64 than Melee did.

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 06:48:34 PM »
Huh?

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »
What he means that people shouldn't compare Brawl to Melee. Because it'll dumb like comparing Sunshine to SM64
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »
Sunshine needs to be ignored...
I played it again recently and realized... It's just for show. I have the game for nostalgia and to occupy shelf space.
-Potentially great, yet ruined plot (also, no right to an attorney on Isle Delfino or what? Mario had an alibi harder than Peach's head)
-Potentially fun levels... but hover nozzle makes it way too easy
-Potentially "Oh yes, that was a cool one" bosses, ruined by reappearances in later games
-Yoshi was done wrong (time constraints!? That's NOT the Miyamoto we know and love)
-Blue coins = the most tedious thing you'll ever, EVER have to do in a Mario game
-An appallingly easy final boss battle
What did I see in it when I was 10... What do Nintendo's staff members see in it now...?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print