Poll

DELETED

Filler
Filler
Print

Author Topic: The Subspace Emissary 2: Darkness  (Read 15539 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
A quick update. After reading a post made in the Smash Dojo, I noticed a factual error in the latest chapter. It was edited. I also edited the Prolouge for a spelling error.

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
 -NEWS POST-

I would like to apoligize on being nearly late for this months update (which is above this post if viewing Default Mode). I will try not to do it again. The main reason I didn't get around to posting it was because I had writers block for a bit. Anyways, enjoy.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
Nice. Try to make them a little longer though.
After re-reading, I noticed that these are pretty short. This chapter will be longer.

-Chapter 4-
-Recap- Last time we left off, Mario and Sonic were being held back by Dark Sonic and a Subspace ROB. In a very blunt and straightforward move, a hypnotized Bowser (referred to here on as Hypno Bowser) steered a Subspace Gunship into the Halberd and captured it.

-???? ?????, same time as attack-
"Hahaha. That fool Tabuu is doing my job for me. Just a little more time." A mysterious voice commented.

-Smash Stadium-

A few seconds after the attack, the Gunship floated over the Stadium and shot out a large tractor beam, taking in Mario, Sonic, the Subspace ROB, and Dark Sonic aboard. As this happened, the crowd scattered. Peach gasped at the sight.

-Dream Land*-

In the far off land of Dream Land, Kirby saw the whole attack happen. So did King DeDeDe. With that, DeDeDe and Kirby both went into their respective ships, went into hyperspeed, and landed right ontop of the Gunship.

-Halberd-
"Meta Knight, our ship has been damaged beyond repair." Lucario thought. "I'm not blind, you know." Meta Knight responded. "Lets go look at the damage." At this point, the ground shook. "Whats going on?" Meta Knight yelled. "Sir, it appears the Gunship is taking us into their bay**." A Primid said. "Perfect." Lucario thought.

-Inside the Cargo Bay.-
As soon as Mario and Sonic made it to the Cargo Bay, they were dropped. At this point, Mario attacked the Subspace ROB*** and Sonic attacked his dark self. After about 20 minutes of fighting, the Subspace ROB fell and Dark Sonic dissapated. "Yahoo!" Mario cried in triumph. "Lets get out of here." Sonic suggested. Mario nodded. After looking around for 5 minutes, Mario found the key. Mario unlocked the door and left.

*What? It was about time Kirby joined the story.
**The bay that the Halberd was taken into was a Docking Bay, not the cargo.
*** A new kind of ROB, has joined the newly formed Subspace Army. When destroyed (like most enemies), its Shadow Bugs fall out and it dies.

Did you enjoy it? Like I've said before, send suggestions via personal message. See ya later,

-Luigalaxy

UPDATE: After getting a PM on a better wording, I changed the point where the Gunship pulls in Mario, Sonic, SSROB and Dark Sonic. (Thanks goes to jmdblazer)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:52:14 AM by luigalaxy »

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »
I have officially started a Fan Fiction Team. There are (3) more spot(s) left on the team. You can PM me or post here if you want to join.

Current members:
1.Me (Luigalaxy)
2.Kimimaru
3.Jmdblazer
4.[empty]
5.[empty]
6.[empty]

Wow. 520 views. Folks, feel free to post what you think here. Anyone notice what I threw into the Recap?

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
Quick post.

If you saw what I said, then you may of thought: "OMGZ!!1 Whos gonna update SS2:D?!?!?!?!1?ONEONEONE?" (or something like that.)
Well, I am happy to say that the team has come in handy. They will right the next chapter. Hopefully, it won't be a filler chapter. Hopefully, I will be able to update normally again. That is all.

-Luigalaxy

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »
                                                                                                -Chapter 5-

As Kirby and King DeDeDe landed on the Gunship, some mysterious dark, black figures began to come out from the floor of the Gunship. The mysterious figures charged at our heroes!
  "What are these things?" cried King DeDeDe as he fought off the mysterious figures.
  "I'm not sure," said Kirby, "but they seem to be coming from the Control Deck!"

While still fighting off the dark figures, Kirby and King DeDeDe went onward to the control deck, but before they could get there, they found bigger and tougher mysterious figures! These ones were unique; they had hints of green and purple in their skin. One of these figures was charging up some sort of laser beam.
  "Watch out!" yelled Kirby, as he inhaled King DeDeDe and jumped out of the way.
The force of the beam that the figure shot was immense. If the heroes had gotten hit by that, who knew what would have happened? The figure started charging up another beam.
 "Oh no you don't!" shouted King DeDeDe.
King DeDeDe smashed the figure into pieces and noticed that some strange particles were being emitted from the mysterious figure. The particles were moving closer towards the Control Deck.
 "Let's follow them!" shouted King DeDeDe.

While our heroes were following the strange particles, they noticed that the mysterious dark figures stopped showing up. The particles led to a gigantic black hole that seemed as if it would lead into a void. Our heroes were stumped.
 "What should we do?" asked Kirby. "Should we go into this black hole or turn back?"
 "There's not much else to do." said King DeDeDe. "Let's take our chances."
Kirby and King DeDeDe went into the black hole. While in the black hole, it seemed as if they were being teleported to a whole new land.

Upon arrival, our heroes saw a beautiful meadow filled with flowers. Kirby sniffed one of them.
 "Wow! These smell great! You have to smell one Ki-" Kirby started.
 "Kirby?!?" said King DeDeDe, shocked. "What's wrong?!?!?"
Kirby fell onto the floor and didn't move.
 "Noooo!" cried King DeDeDe. "What has happened to you, Kirby???"

"The smell of these flowers has made your friend unconscious." said a mysterious voice.
 "What? Who is there?" asked King DeDeDe.
"No one you need to know." said the mysterious voice. "I can see that you've met my minions."
 "So YOU'RE the one who is controlling these dark figures!" said King DeDeDe. "Show yourself, you coward!"
"Don't make me laugh! As long as the Dark Army remains in your world, it's guaranteed that I will control the entire universe!" said the mysterious voice. "Heed my words: You shouldn't expect everything to be as it appears in the Dark Realm, hahahahaha!"
The mysterious voice vanishes.
 "What do I do now?" wondered King DeDeDe.

To Be Continued...     
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:49:57 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
Chapter 6 coming soon guys! Sorry for the wait.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
Woah! That was a great chapter, Kimi. Better than my draft for Chapter 5. Anyways, I'll let Kimi write Chapter 6, but I'll write Chapter 7. If possible to push into my work week, I'll change the monthly update limit.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
Possible new thread coming soon. That is all.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 05:26:53 PM »
I have to say the style Kimimaru uses, that is closer to an actual book format, is the one I like better. In the earlier chapters, it was sort of just "This happened. Then this happened. Then this person said this. Then this big thing happened." Again, I'm not insulting your writing skills, but try to add a bit more detail and make your sentences less static and more vivid and flowing. It's sort of hard to describe, but Kimimaru's part is a step in the right direction. Keep at it and I'll become even more interested in the story.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »
Thanks for the advice. No offense was taken, and I'll keep that in mind when I write Chapter 7.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:10 AM »
                                                                                                  -Chapter 6-

Back at the Smash Stadium, Peach was still worried about Mario and Sonic, so she called in the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, and Falco to help.
 "What's up?" asked Falco.
 "Mar-Mario and Sonic were taken into that!" cried Peach, pointing at the Gunship.
 "We'll go and investigate." said Falco. "Everyone! Get into my Arwing!"

Peach, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, and the Ice Climbers headed towards the Gunship. On the way there they saw a Pilot Primid who piloted a ship that looked like a combination of an Arwing and a Wolfen. The wings were glowing with a strange pink light.
 "Shoot it down!" said Popo.
Falco threw a Smart Bomb at the Pilot Primid. Only smoke was seen.
 "Yeah, we got him!" shouted Nana in excitement.
But Nana had spoken too soon, because coming out of the smoke was the Pilot Primid! This time, the wings to its ship were a greenish color.
 "What's this!?" said Falco in shock. "Let me use the new scanner that Peppy installed into our Arwings to find out what's up with this guy."
Falco scanned the Pilot Primid.
 "This Pilot Primid has a ship that only gets stronger when it is hurt. Its wings represent how strong it is. If the wings are an orange color, then it indicates that the ship is at maximum strength." said the scanner.

"How can we defeat an enemy that gets stronger when we attack it?" wondered Peach.
The Pilot Primid closed in on the Arwing and started attacking it furiously. Falco skillfully dodged the shots with barrel rolls.
 "I got it!" exclaimed Peach. "One of you, get out of the ship and take the primid out of his ship! A ship without a pilot isn't a threat!"

Unfortunately, the Pilot Primid shot again and got the Arwing on its left wing.
 "We're going down!" said Falco. "Everyone, evacuate!"
Falco pressed the evacuate button on the Arwing. The seats jumped out of the Arwing and activated parachutes. Everyone came out safe, but the wind was pushing them away from each other.

Peach was floating towards the ocean, Falco was floating towards the Smash Stadium, the Ice Climbers were floating towards a strangely shaped mountain, and Mr. Game and Watch, because of his light weight, was floating up towards the Gunship.

To Be Continued...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:55:24 AM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 10:15:09 AM »
A little short, but good non the less. I edited the Midair Stadium to Smash Stadium to go along with the story.

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
Its time for the new chapter. Authors, due to Kimimaru jumping on the bandwagon, and me doing the same, if you want to, you can wait another month. The due date (is this school?) for Chapter 8 is December 1st. Here it is.

-Chapter 7-

Falco landed in the Smash Stadium with a *thump* and glared up at the Arwing/Wolfen ship with the Pilot Primid. He began to look for a new ship, but Fox saved him by flying in with his Arwing. "Need a lift?" Fox asked.

Meanwhile, in the Gunship, Mario and Sonic ran through the halls, finding their way to the Control Tower. However, they were stopped by some strange creatures that had hints of purple and green on their skin with black as a main background. They started attacking the group. From their corpses came some strange black/purple bubbles that made more creatures. "This is going nowhere!" Sonic exclaimed. Mario noticed, and had an idea. "Lets just run down the halls!" Mario suggested. "Good idea, but they might pull a suprise on us. They ran down the halls, and made it to a big elevator. However, they were greeted by a giant explosion.

Back in the Control Deck, Bowser was overseeing the Captain Primid piloting the ship. An Engineer Primid spoke up, "Sir Bowser, a strange occurance is happening near the Cargo Bay and Fuel Tank." "Go find out what it is!" Bowser replied. The Primid went out. "Best boss EVER." The Primid mumbled. When he got to the Tank, he was suprised to find the creatures tearing up the Tank. "Hey! What do you think your doing?!" The Primid yelled. At that moment, the Tank exploded, creating a black hole. "Wha---" The Primid said. At that moment, he was sucked into the hole.

Mario and Sonic immediatly turned to run, an alarm ringing through the Gunship. They were stopped by the creatures. A window was to Sonic's left. He Spin Attacked it, and jumped through it. They fell towards the ground, but were stopped by the Arwing. Fox turned the Arwing away from the hole, and the Gunship started to be sucked up by it. Below the Arwing, an in-audible splash was heard.

To Be Continued...

You like it? On another note, I plan on making a new fan-fiction. The title that I have is "Mario & Luigi: Earth", my own take on the series. The poll is for who wants to see, and who doesn't want to. If it is approved by the readers, I will start it after this fiction.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:59:48 PM by luigalaxy »

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
"I'll need a prologue for it." I would want some more information on the story itself before I'd decide, although I'm toward yes.

Just remember to focus on this story first. Anticipation for your next project can distract and diminish the quality of the one you're currently working on, so put your full creative energies into tSE2 for now, and then think about M&LE later. Trust me...it's happened to me before.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Print