Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232726 times)

« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »
He's a table end.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »
Originally, he was going to be Santa's footstool but I tried over and over to make Ganondorf sitting in his lap look just right and eventually just redrew the whole panel (and thus the other one). With the original idea, a cockroach was going to come up to him in the last panel and he'd just look at it.

BLF: The banner says "BUY SOMETHING WILL YA!" in the font used in many an old NES game. The line is from shopkeepers in The Legend of Zelda.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
That's pretty funny. Merry Christmas!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2008, 03:05:24 AM »
Yeah!

This is one of my earlier edits. I have done nine more and have one other about half-completed. But everyone on this big ol' team works hard, the queue is packed even with an update every day. In short, it'll be a while before something else I've done gets posted.

Check the update before the previous one for one of Captain Jim's edits.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2008, 04:30:44 AM »
Hey, Bird Person, maybe you should have made Waluigi the Grinch? I don't know. Anyway, awesome work on the comics! :)
By the way, I went to Stack Smash before...didn't that website get shut down? The post talking about StackSmash and another website are at www.Nintendowiifanboy.com and it was posted on Dec 23, 2008.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2008, 05:39:08 AM »
You're thinking of Syntax Error, also called ]EE[, the original texture hacking team. The very day before they were supposed to release a patch for anyone to implement their textures (and some by Stack Smash members) into a copy of the game, Nintendo sent them a cease and desist order.

I think that's a load of bologna.

It's just too convenient for them for this to happen that day if they hadn't finished the patch or if something went wrong with it. And links to Stack Smash, Kitty Corp and Elite Smash Hackers were on their site. If Nintendo wanted to shut down texture hackers, why are we still here? And why did ]EE[ have to close entirely? Other fan projects (especially Chrono Trigger ones) have been ordered to stop, but they're allowed to still show what they've done.

Lie or not, it was a huge stupid day when that happened, full of drama and crap. Everyone who wanted Cloud, Mr. L and Rosalina rushed to Stack Smash to mourn (but they didn't forget to insult Stack Smash for no good reason). To take precautions, though (and especially because PZT, the highest-up, believes the story), Stack Smash will be moving to another server later. A server in Finland or Poland (I forget where). Wherever it is, copyright law is a little different, so even if the crazed whining Syntax Error fans do bring attention to people who want to sue, we'll be protected. The main hackers don't live in the United States anyway. But the whole project is nothing illegal in the first place. No money is made off of it, and the hacks are useless unless one has the ISO of the game (which would not be legal to download without paying--but none of the texture hacking projects are distributing it). This is all why the MOTHER 3 Fan Translation is also legal. In the end it'll encourage piracy, but doesn't it also encourage people to buy the game (from Nintendo, bigwigs with plenty of money who have gotten along just fine even with piracy going on for years)?

Summary for people who don't like reading:
]EE[ says they got an order from Nintendo to quit, I think it's a fat lie for many reasons, but we have nothing to worry about either way.

So my feelings are a mix between "I can't believe Syntax Error would lie like that" because I honestly don't believe Nintendo shut them down, and "That wouldn't even be fair" in the event sad ]EE[ fans who NEAD THIER CLAOWD STRIFE do get Nintendo's attention and they DO try to stop Stack Smash. But more than that I'm really happy about seeing my edits finally hexed and that they're coming out well. I want to be a game artist when I'm older, so this is good experience for me.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2008, 07:32:28 AM »
I don't think Nintendo wants to shut down texture hackers. Just the ones that try to distribute them illegally or in a sneaky way. I'm not saying that ]EE[ is being sneaky, but some other hacking groups may try it. I think it was a wise move by Nintendo because if all did go according to plan, it would ruin and confuse copyright laws. Every single video game company including  SEGA would be pounding down Nintendo's doors in hopes of doing the tango with them in court. Although you made a good point; it would encourage people to buy the game if the patch was released. Also, if Nintendo did look at all the textures and stuff (like Pac-Kirby and Shadow) this could influence Nintendo to add them and other cool characters to the future SSB4 (we all know they'll make it someday).

You're trying to become a video game artist, eh? Cool! Because I'm trying  to become an Animator. Making cartoons and cartoon movies both in 2D and 3D. So, hey, keep up the good work! :)
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2008, 10:47:09 AM »
Yeah!
As I previously mentioned, the only way that this could be made creepier is if the movement animation for Lucas could be changed to give him a limp.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »

I'm afraid this is the last SMAAAASH!!.

For this year. HA

But from now on they're all going to be based on 360 games and anytime you see a Nintendo character, he or she will probably be dead because I'll have a character from a 360 game kill them. Peace.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
This one's funny too. Keep it up, Bird Person! :)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »
I love that one!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:22 PM »
Oh dear.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »
In response to your comments here, I agree that Ezlo was definitely the best NPC helper in the Zelda series.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
But from now on they're all going to be based on 360 games and anytime you see a Nintendo character, he or she will probably be dead because I'll have a character from a 360 game kill them. Peace.

Please be kidding.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
But from now on they're all going to be based on 360 games and anytime you see a Nintendo character, he or she will probably be dead because I'll have a character from a 360 game kill them.

W...Why?

Print