Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 234137 times)

« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »
LOL! This one's great, too! :D SuperStar Saga is a great game. So great, that I started a new file, and finished it last year!  Awesome, BP!
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
It's nice to see another comic done in pen. What made you decide to color this one in pen instead of your usual Photoshop?

Superstar Saga gets so little credit aside from Fawful
Isn't this the truth.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »
Great game, cool comic.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
Ditto. Loved the antics of the bros. in that game...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2009, 11:16:33 PM »
I was gone all weekend, so this got posted but I couldn't post about it.

The first picture has the normal shoes because Androu didn't hex the head/shoe textures right the first time. The second time it came out right, but one of the six screenshots was broken. I didn't want to just put five, so I worked that one in with the caption.

This week is Week of the R.O.B. I made a quick (but comedic) R.O.B. hack and it's supposed to be in. Let's see.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:06 AM »
Can't wait to see how R.O.B. looks in a tuxedo. Awesome work, BP. I'm also wondering how DK will look in a full suit...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:52 AM »
Brawl should've had tuxedos.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2009, 08:07:58 AM »
That's what I thought. It feels great to be fulfilling my old fantasy. (Remember this? Ohh, my...) But I know how boring it would be if that's all I did--I'd rather have a tuxedo be every fifth or so texture of mine. I have a few more up my sleeve that could be released before the next tuxedo, and my R.O.B. for this week is something completely different.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2009, 07:02:01 PM »
On the retexture of Yoshi:
Quote from: #tmk
<FBM> BP, how do you create new custom stuff for SSBB?
<BirdPerson> I don't know any of the technical stuff.
<FBM> ...I was wondering how you made the new look for Yoshi.
<BirdPerson> I draw over the textures/recolor them to my liking, e-mail them to Androu, he takes care of the rest of it.
Can you post an example of the raw textures? I'd like to see how they look before they are mapped onto the character models.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »
Okay. The textures are all TGA files in their own individual folders, named things like tex#00_14.tga and stuff like that. Let's have a look at Captain Falcon, he's kind of interesting.

Body

"bodyHigh" --I guess it's some sort of shine.

"bodySpc" --This is the lighting on his suit. I've only done one complete Captain Falcon edit, and I didn't have to do anything with the back--apparently, no one ever does, even when they change the logo on his back.

Equipment.

Face. Captain Falcon only has one actual eye, his right one. Make whatever you want of that--I'm sure that in F-ZERO canon, he's supposed to have two...

Helmet. The cracked emblem doesn't appear in the game. Meta Knight has a similar unused texture for his mask.

The scarf.

The folder containing this one is simply called "siro." Looks like another shine to me.

Since I already have it uploaded I may as well show you this, Pikachu's main texture:

The rest of his are just his five eye textures (open, half-closed, closed, hurt, and down-taunt) and the corresponding ones for his golden Smash Ball eyes. This is everything else, and looking at it doesn't tell you much. Androu is, in fact, the man--he got a program called Maya and the characters' models (he's working towards getting them all), is able to use that to test those characters without burning the edits to a new disc, and created a map of Pikachu.

That's right, his whole body, head to foot, is in that tiny strip. The map isn't perfect, but it sure opened some doors. Androu said it took literally over 100 tries to get Shadowchu the way he wanted, even with this to help. We wouldn't be doing anything special with Pikachu if he had to burn all the failures to a disc like before. Even putting him in a tuxedo has taken six tries so far... I suppose showing you those isn't leaking*, since I've already announced that I'm doing tuxedos for everyone I can.

1: I missed everything. I also misinterpreted the way the front works.
2: Closer, but still awful.
3: Shaping up...
4: NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOUUUR
5: Almost there. I tried to solve the problem with the back, and I think the next one will be better. The 64-ish front is making a comeback, because it doesn't look like a tuxedo without it.

*I can't tell you anything about upcoming hacks. Nobody likes that. You've noticed that I never talk about my comic ideas before they're finished and I post them? Same idea. I especially can't talk about other members' upcoming hacks. The rest of the team doesn't seem to care if I reveal my own ideas, and the tuxedo thing is something that's not supposed to be a secret anyway, so I'm not really leaking anything.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:21:55 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2009, 01:38:01 AM »
Wow...this is some very in-depth stuff. It seems very complex, and time consuming, but cool. I can't wait to see more. I wonder how Jigglypuff will look in a tuxedo...anyway, thanks for giving us the "inside scoop" on how Brawl textures are made/observed. Very interesting stuff.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2009, 08:20:05 AM »
Comprehensive post there, BP.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »
To tell you the truth, I won't be able to make Jigglypuff's tuxedo. Her textures consist of her monster eyes, the dark in her ears, and then a 4 x 4 block of pink that covers her entire body. Kirby's a bit different and I should be able to make his, maybe. I could draw Jigglypuff wearing a tuxedo to make up for it...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2009, 05:20:25 PM »
How the heck do you get those onto the game?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
Pixie Magic.

...Nawww, Androu does that. Bird Person and I just do art.
No! I don't want that!

Print