Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232698 times)

« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »
I can't see some of the texture hacks on page 13 and the early part of 14, for whatever reason.

On a side note, I double-taked when I saw this on your site, BP.

("Why'd he put the Wii Sports box on his site?" *closes window* "Wait a minute, there is no Wii Sports box!")
Either 'shopped or gotten early box before it was turned into a in-box game.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »
Um, Wii Sports always has been a pack-in game. There never was a box for it.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
No no, see, I like that the speech bubbles obscure some things--then I don't have to draw, color, shade, etc. as much.

I agree. I work on comic-like stories about my characters and the word bubbles help in a lot of ways besides just showing what the other person is saying/thinking. They also help to hide stuff and can save you time when it comes to coloring it the picture. But I get what you're saying,
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
Um, Wii Sports always has been a pack-in game. There never was a box for it.
No. It's sold separately in Japan, and in Europe they get real boxes with it (but it's still bundled). That 'Shop job combines the European box with some other stuff to make a fake American box, which I printed and slipped into an unused DVD case. I've been meaning to do something similar for Link's Crossbow Training, too, but it's currently in a plain black case with nothing in the sleeve. I just hate cardboard envelopes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
I agree. I work on comic-like stories about my characters and the word bubbles help in a lot of ways besides just showing what the other person is saying/thinking. They also help to hide stuff and can save you time when it comes to coloring it the picture. But I get what you're saying,
When I actually make a comic just for fun, not posted, I put in the speech bubbles after I draw the characters.

« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2009, 08:51:58 PM »
in Europe they get real boxes with it (but it's still bundled)

I live in a PAL region and I can confirm this is correct.

Also, the Goroh pic is awesome for reasons I cannot even comprehend.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2009, 11:54:19 PM »
No. It's sold separately in Japan, and in Europe they get real boxes with it (but it's still bundled). That 'Shop job combines the European box with some other stuff to make a fake American box, which I printed and slipped into an unused DVD case. I've been meaning to do something similar for Link's Crossbow Training, too, but it's currently in a plain black case with nothing in the sleeve. I just hate cardboard envelopes.
I should do that with my copy of Wii Sports, but I don't know where I'm going to find an unused DVD case.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2009, 01:09:30 AM »
All right, a triple Stack Smash update featuring two costumes I made for Lucas before I became a member: Final Fantasy's Fighter and Thief, NES-style. I originally made them with Dhragen's Ice Mages (Popo as Black Mage and Nana as White--they were revealed on Syntax Error a while back and will eventually be reintroduced on Stack Smash) in mind, thinking before long the whole selection of Light Warriors would be around. A while after, Androu1 made Black Mage Lucas. No one has started Red Mage or Black Belt though, maybe I will.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
SMB Peach.

That update ought to excite some folks here, what with all the Mario. Androu did a great job revamping NES 1-1.

Also, now all the Mario characters have been NES-ified. Except Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, the former two of which wouldn't have much to change, and the latter never appeared on the NES. But yeah, there's also Wario's Woods Wario; white shirt and purple overalls, because the stupid NES couldn't show the color yellow.
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »
That's pretty cool, I've gotta say. Now what I really want to see is a Guru-Guru costume for someone. That would totally make my day.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
That update ought to excite some folks here, what with all the Mario.

So is it no longer a Mario forum or what?

For the record, Yoshi could be made NES-ified by changing all his red parts to black, and DK just needs redder fur, peachier skin and his tie removed.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
So is it no longer a Mario forum or what?

Um. That's my point. This is a Mario forum, there was a lot of classic Mario in that update, etc.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »
The way you phrased it made it seem like another jab at the lack of Mario-ness on this forum in general, which I tried to add on to.

« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2009, 07:15:37 PM »
DK just needs redder fur, peachier skin and his tie removed.

But can they remove clothing when they create things like this?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »
Some things, yes. I'm not sure about DK's tie--one of the waiting hacks could have had it removed for accuracy, but it was just edited for relevance instead.
It's YOUR problem!

Print