Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232721 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2009, 10:17:33 PM »
Fortran!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »
Heh. Nice drawings, BP. Is that the main character in StarTropics?
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2009, 03:37:48 AM »
Mike Jones, yep. Not the "music"ian. He's a cool enough guy, he swings a yo-yo at chickens with human skulls for heads and stuff like that. I like how he had a different design in Zoda's Revenge (the one there, with the jacket. in the first game he just wore a blue T-shirt). It both successfully makes him look just a bit older, as ZR is supposed to take place a year or so after the first game and fits the beginning setting's climate--Mike's back at home in Seattle at the beginning instead of visiting Dr. J at C-Island. ZR has a much more varied range of environments though, but it's not like he has a lot of time to care about his clothes or even knows where he'll be going next.

Oh, just one more thing:

Waste no time double-checking. Every word from the original statement is there. No more, no less.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2009, 09:17:39 AM »
That was sick, disturbing, and made about 1-3 sense on a 1-10 sense scale.  I loved it.  You did an especially good job on Dr. Mario, IMO.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »
That picture is made of awesome and leaks win out of every pore, and that's all there is to it.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »
That picture is made of awesome and leaks win out of every pore, and that's all there is to it.

Ditto. It's things like this that make me glad they made Dr. Mario.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
Ha ha! Wow. That Dr. Mario drawing...pure awesomeness! Awesome job, BP. :D
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »

The thing I entered for Reading's convention thing. It's Mike entering the dungeon on C-Island. This remix of the dungeon theme inspired the mood.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »
That makes me wanna see a 3D Star Tropics so badly...

« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2009, 01:29:56 AM »
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I see two footprints in your drawing too.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41:09 AM »
Yeah. Some of the green tiles in dungeons are secret switches that open holes in walls, make buttons appear, open chests or do other things, and when you step on one, a footprint appears on it. Since the chests are opened with these tiles I thought it would be cool for the seal on the chest to not be a lock, but to have the same design. The one on the tile in the ceiling is only there for decoration--you can't walk on ceilings, after all.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »
Well, hey, great job on the drawing! I'm still trying to get the lighting right in my drawings, so the moon, stars and flashlight help. Anyway, keep it up!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »
That makes StarTropics look even more awesome. And, yeah, a 3-D threequal would be nice.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »
I'm actually a little obsessed with the idea of a remake with dialog adjusted to match today's standards, more modern villages on the islands with things for Mike to buy and stuff like that, weapons that you can keep (after each dungeon Mike is left with just the yo-yo or its upgraded version, and pretty much every other weapon has a limited number of uses, including baseball bats. That's not that cool), varying styles for the dungeon theme, and out-of-dungeon exploration and combat. I even sketched up a Classic Controller + Wii Remote control scheme. Yeah, with three different camera setups in mind.

Maybe one day I'll get the go-ahead from Nintendo to do this--but I'd only want to direct it and art it. I've been considering doing a comic series but I probably wouldn't finish it.
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »

Wakka wakka

I am a horrendous painter. I tried to hide how much this sucks by making it look like it's supposed to suck but I failed and it just looks suckier than before.
It's YOUR problem!

Print