Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 234215 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #405 on: March 30, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

The message here shouldn't need any elaboration. It went through several different plans. First, Mike (who especially represents the stereotype of sprite comics with no uniformity of visual style) was going to be Link from Zelda II. And Mario was only going to appear at the end, with his panicked sprite from Superstar Saga, as Link was crushed by a huge photorealistic fish. But I went with this instead. Nobody would've believed the intended April Fool anyway.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #406 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
I'm getting the "sprite comics are gay" vibe from you, BP...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #407 on: March 31, 2009, 07:17:18 AM »
More like "sucky." I'm not a homophobe.

: |
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #408 on: March 31, 2009, 07:29:35 AM »
XD

What, then, is your opinion of Super Mario Bros. Z, I wonder...?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #409 on: March 31, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
^ My brother keeps trying to get me to watch it.

That was funny in a really strange way... but it said what needed to be said.

I don't really have a problem with sprite comics or films, that is until the animation requires movements that remind the viewers that those aren't moving sprites, but a guy moving parts of sprites like a marionette.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #410 on: March 31, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
More like "sucky." I'm not a homophobe.
Without getting too graphic, isn't using "suck" in a negative sense probably also homophobic in origin?

I liked NC back in the day (back when it updated more than once a year), but that's pretty much the only sprite comic I've ever read. From what I've heard, I'd probably like that one that uses Final Fantasy sprites if I read it, but I haven't. And, of course, there's the one I made (you kinda have to know NC to be able to enjoy it at all, and if you're in that category, you've probably already seen it). But anyway, I do know enough, mainly through popcultural osmosis, about generic sprite comics and characterization habits of stereotypical Sonic fans to find this pretty hilarious.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #411 on: March 31, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »
The funny thing is is that your attempt at a sprite comic parody is actually better looking than most sprite comics, BP. :P

The only good sprite comic I've ever read next to NC is Captain SNES. Go look it up yourself if you care.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »

The original idea for the torture included covering the victim in cream cheese. Lazy Wario.

KRAKEN

Eat the Sympathy Potatoes, Ganondorf. Somebody cares.

Not Ike.

Inhale or lose?

I don't know

Pichu being a hippie (at least in mannerisms and speech) is a cool idea I may follow in later comics about Pokémon. Hopefully Ninten will not be in them.

SAKURAI!!

MIYAMOTO!! And MARIO!!! These last two were, of course, drawn from memory... mmm

What will happen next?

I like to think of Wario as the one who reads the book while Captain Falcon is the one who only sees the movie... get me? So Wario is winning.

R.O.B. is in space
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2009, 06:20:52 PM »
Your Mario looks a bit like Luigi. Not that I'm complaining. All your drawings are good, just as always.

What will happen next? made me chuckle
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2009, 09:02:32 PM »
"Apathy Potatoes" was nice. ("You get no sympathy from me", I assume, prompted this.) Liking the Scrabble implications, as well.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »
Not much today but I won't be sketching things for a week (spring break, no school, no sketch). I scanned them now because I was scanning some comic drafts.

That is some cheap glue.

How much visual humor can I wring out of Classic Mario?
It's YOUR problem!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #416 on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »
That's just funny.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »

All riiiight, a StarTropics comic. Didn't I tell you to play StarTropics? Play it now. It'll be clearer. It'll be rad! It'll be outrageous!!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #418 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:08 AM »
I didn't even played StarTropics so I got the joke. Heh.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:23:12 AM by Luigalaxy »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #419 on: April 09, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »
I didn't get it. So I played StarTropics. Then I got it.

StarTropics is a great game by the way.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print