Print

Author Topic: Mario video requests - Temporarily closed...  (Read 14391 times)

« on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
I'll attempt to work on any request from the following games:

Super Mario Bros. (8 or 16-bit)
Super Mario Bros. 2(J) (8 or 16-bit)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (8 or 16-bit)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (8 or 16-bit)
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi: SS
EDIT: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Paper Mario & M&L:SS may depend on convenience, and all depend slightly on skill.

I should be able to handle about anything from SMB, SMB2(j), SMB3, or SMW, though.

I record to VHS to DVD to my computer, or simply to DVD to my computer; give me about 5-7 days to put up the video (possibly longer for M&L and Paper Mario).

Videos so far:

Super Mario World - Tubular w/o Cape or P-Balloon, and other minimal powerup runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37e_9xcUlnk
Super Mario World - Donut Secret 2 Extra Starman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr8AJdJeSSM&feature=channel
Super Mario World - Anti-Gravity Yoshi Glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz29985EwRs&feature=channel
Paper Mario - Anti Guys Unit 5 HP, no Life Shrooms - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TI8r6RRPw&feature=channel_page
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:03:56 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »
I've been looking for Luigi in Super Mario 64. Can you post a video of that for me, please?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
I've been looking for Luigi in Super Mario 64. Can you post a video of that for me, please?

I really hope you're kidding...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »
He's serious.
"it's always the present"

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:34 PM »
MushroomJunkie is back?

As for a request, I believe you said it is possible do Tubular in SMW without a balloon or cape...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
Bue Yoshi, or rather Blue Yoshi (I'm at work and the backspace key doesn't..)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:55:10 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
As for a request, I believe you said it is possible do Tubular in SMW without a balloon or cape...

Working on a video of that, should be up by the weekend.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »
I ask Kimimaru this, but I also challenge you to this as well:
Complete Super Mario World as a tiny, powerless, yoshi-less Mario. With no color block switches...in less than 2 hours.
I'll think of some more requests later.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 08:35:15 AM »
I ask Kimimaru this, but I also challenge you to this as well:
Complete Super Mario World as a tiny, powerless, yoshi-less Mario. With no color block switches...in less than 2 hours.
I'll think of some more requests later.
I'm.. tempted to attempt!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »
Likely possible, but time-consuming.

Also, I'm encountering a glitch with HyperCam, and am going to try another method of video editing. If all works correctly, it should still be up this weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to scrap the whole requests deal. Sorry... :(

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »
How about you beat Super Mario Bros. with Luigi.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
Likely possible, but time-consuming.

Also, I'm encountering a glitch with HyperCam, and am going to try another method of video editing. If all works correctly, it should still be up this weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to scrap the whole requests deal. Sorry... :(

You can always try using CamStudio. HyperCam slows down my computer for some reason, but CamStudio works great and I find it very easy to use.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »
I figured out the problem... someone turned the sound recording off and set the frame rate to 5 (???!), so it should be working again. I'll try to upload it to Youtube tomorrow night...

Also, @FBMardio, beating SMW powerupless is possible, but not Yoshiless or switchless, as you'll need both to get to the Star Road (otherwise you'd have to get a Super Mushroom in Forest of Illusion 3 to get to Roy's Castle)

@Glitchy - I might do sometime next week, depending on schedule...

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »
I know and sorry about that request. I know realize it's impossible and have decided to drop the request. But! I have a new one for you and anybody else that's willing to try: Beat SMB.3 in less than 14 minutes. You may use any item you want and you can skip levels too. It takes nearly 25 minutes to beat SMB.3 with two whistles and knowing how to navigate through the world 8 fortress. In order to beat the game in under 14 minutes, you'll have to obtain the 28 P-Wings you get after beating the game. After you watch the credits,  start a new game with the 28 P-Wings. Head to w1-3, duck while on the white block, run behind the black screen and get the first whistle. Head to the first fortress, stomp drybones as Raccoon Mario and fly above the ceiling on the right. Keep going until you run into a wall. Stay there and press the up button to enter a secret room to the second whistle. And keep using those P-Wings once you get to world 8.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 07:27:24 PM »
@FBM: Hmm, I might just try that.

@Glitchy: Honestly, I was hoping for something more interesting, so I think I'll try FBM's request first.

I'm uploading the Super Mario World video tonight and will post a link some time tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Here it is, with a couple of bonus videos:

Super Mario World - Tubular w/o Cape or P-Balloon, and other minimal powerup runs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37e_9xcUlnk

Super Mario World - Donut Secret 2 Extra Starman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr8AJdJeSSM&feature=channel

Super Mario World - Anti-Gravity Yoshi Glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz29985EwRs&feature=channel
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:58:09 AM by jdaster64 »

Print