Print

Author Topic: Gallery of CE7  (Read 15402 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
Heck, why not? Everyone else is doing it.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:52:34 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
Hehe. You drew the "Ish Wish Dish" from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. I like that.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 05:09:52 PM »
No offense, but I'm more interested on what is one the other side of those papers.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
Cool. I liked the "Fish Dish", "Deezer" and the Triforce hand art.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »
The first one was probably the funniest picture I've seen in recent memory.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07:28 AM »

Terragen is fun.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »
I must say, your drawing skills have greatly improved since your last post.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
I like how Deezer looks like a blond-haired Gordon Freeman. That's pretty cool. Also, YA RLY.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:12 PM »

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
Wow! I really liked the Terrangen artwork. That reminds me, I have to practice drawing more sunsets...anyway, nice work!
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:22:28 PM »
That was a beautiful landscape. Makes me want to learn how to create things in 3ds Max and use it. Probably a four-panel comic about video games with my initials in lasers at the bottom. So far it's just for testing Brawl textures and it's serving its purpose very well.

Anyway yeah. I like your broad coverage of different styles.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
Whoa. Geno's been hitting the GYM. That, or he's eating too many mushrooms. Anyway, I like it. Nice work.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »
Geno goes Super Saiyan?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
Yeah, "Super Saiyan" was the first thing that popped into my head too.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
Looks more to me like he's slipping into the spectral realm.

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 04:15:41 PM »
I thought it was that he was fighting Giygas from the inside... somehow.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »

Been practicing a little.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18:36 AM »
I'm currently drawing all the SMB3 kings, all the Koopalings, and all the monarchs and rulers I can think of. Here's a preview; I should be done before too long.

I think I may have put too many lashes on her right eye.

Also, some stuff I did on my DSi:

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 01:46:56 PM »
I'm going to go back later and redo them all digitally, but for now here's the lousy colored pencil versions.

First I did all the worlds from SMB3, in their locations on the world map in SMA4, along with their respective kings, harmonized between their portrayals in the original game, the All-Stars and Advance versions, and, where applicable, the TV show. This guy was pretty straightforward; I drew him to look a bit reminiscent of Toadsworth and King Toadstool from the comics.

The king from the games and the equivalent character on the TV show, called The Sultan, were so different that I decided to make them separate characters. Their government works like that, I guess.

The one that looks like Mario and lives on the island that looks like Japan. Tried to differentiate him a bit from Mario while still looking like him, or at least like Mario's NES sprite.

Guy on the left is the king in the games. Then on the first episode of the TV show, the guy on the right, Prince Hugo the Huge, is said to be the newly crowned ruler. So either the pudgy guy died or Hugo got married or something.

Combined the king from the games with Emperor Ed, the ruler of Sky Land on the TV show. They were relatively similar. I had a lot of fun drawing the beard.

The king from the TV show was apparently a caricature of Nixon; I combined aspects of him with the relatively normal-looking king in the games and ended up with a guy that looks like he's half-Nimbus. Sky Land's not too far away, I guess.

He's a Viking! And the islands are pipes!

I'm the least happy with this one. I've never been good at drawing Bowser. Need to practice him more.

For Mario and Peach, and for pretty much all the characters from here on out, I copied official artwork by hand, without tracing. Kinda cheap, I guess. I felt like making a dress based on her SMB color scheme, maybe as some kind of ceremonial dress. I kept on going back and modifying it more; hope it's not too busy. If you look close enough, you'll see my latest attempts to make the Mushroom Kingdom's layout make sense (Yeah, Joke's End is at the equator, I guess. The bad jokes keep it cold.).

So yeah, I just kept on going after that. Luigi's pretty lousy and the map is bland, but I love Daisy's dress here.

Are they big enough?

I decided to put Rogueport and its surrounding areas connected to Jewelry Land for some reason, mainly because I wanted to draw Flavio next to King Fret and Prince Pine. There's a bit of a resemblance, right?

The book says Princess Eclair is in love with the Chestnut King who was turned into a monster, right? Well, in Japanese and German, and probably some other languages, the name for the Chestnut King is the same as the name for the Goomba King. So I just drew him, but with a smiley face. Princess Eclair is my own design.

Prince Haru, Peach's fiance in The Great Mission To Rescue Princess Peach. His existence is rather dubious, as TGMTRPP is almost certainly some kind of alternate universe, but I kinda felt like trying to draw something bishie. Also, the dog up there is Kibidango, the dog that Prince Haru gets turned into at some point before the movie starts. So they really shouldn't be in a picture together. But hey, Mario and Baby Mario blah blah time travel something, so why not.

The Koopalings are probably the ones that are most blatantly copied from official artwork. I still didn't trace, though.

I was getting lazy with the coloring by this point. Well, lazier.

Some of the poses weren't copied as well as others.

So hawt. If you can't tell, I accentuated her figure a little, just for the halibut.

Kinda cute.

I hope Iggy and Lemmy fight together in NSMBW. Then Bowser Jr. could be the seventh.

The fang's on the wrong side. I was going to mirror this one, but I didn't. Maybe later.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
The dresses on Peach and Daisy are excellent.  And Bowser Jr. really jumps off the page.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »
Nice design for Princess Eclair! By the way, why is Iggy getting fresh with Lemmy? DISREGARD THAT
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 12:31:59 AM »
I drew this like forever ago and never finished it. Now you get to see it.

It was originally supposed to be a sunrise, but it looks a lot more like an explosion. Since it's not finished, you decide what it is.

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 08:36:05 AM »
Looks quite like that scene where Yoshi's Island is destroyed in SMBZ episode 6, actually.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 07:35:59 PM »
Entitle that painting either HirYoshima or We'll Show You 'Mushrooms', You [darn]ed Japs and submit to the nearest art gallery, pronto. You could then create a follow-up piece depicting Uncle Sam grinning menacingly upon an obliterated Mushroom Kingdom.

But really, that sunrise is striking, and the light flare is a nice touch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:15:56 PM by Weegee »

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »
The hell?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »
Wow, very nice. It looks like an early morning sunrise on Yoshi's Island.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 08:48:32 AM »
Nice sunset... or is it rise?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
Here's also this thing. Twas a project for a class last semester.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
Drew these in Colors DS two years ago.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »

Any resemblance to Smugleaf is mostly unintentional.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:22:38 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
Fits with your signature perfectly. Just look at his expression.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »

Print