Print

Author Topic: A few new pieces of Art  (Read 4740 times)

« on: October 21, 2008, 10:11:26 PM »
Just some new art I did. The first two are original pieces and the last is Harvest Moon fanart. I think that its okay to post non-Mario fanart here. If its not, well, you know what to do.

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
The first two are creepy in a sort of pretty way.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »
Yeah, I love the first two.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:03:46 AM »
It is totally okay to post non-Mario art here! Said the guy who has, in the last month, has posted three Mario-related drawings out of about seven. But hey, I think the forum title should just be "Creations" or something like that.

Yes, you're onto something in terms of art style with those first two. The second is actually... hypnotic. If you want my advice, work on perspective for realistic-ish things like the last one, while the distortion into the distance of "The Annual Heart Parade" adds to its charm. It looks pretty good otherwise. For instance, I like the scratches of orange in the sun.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
These are really nice. I'm not much of an artist, so I can't offer anything in the way of advice, just that I like the whole charm of the pictures.
every

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
Thank you all for the comments!

Here are three more newer pieces. Much more simple.

And with the doll, I made everything except the body. It's like what a clothing designer does; they design (or draw, color, shade) the dress and choose the hair (or in my case draw it) and put it on a model or a mannequin.

The other two are too big to just post.

Pickles

Julia (I really didn't achieve anything I was trying to with this one)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:58:23 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 12:04:26 AM »
I love "Pickles" to death.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »
Pickles says he loves you, too.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »
I'm bumping my own thread.

Print