Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 78040 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
"The Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable helps you transfer all your original data from the Xbox 360 hard drive to the next [...] This hard drive transfer cable can be used for a number of times; however, you cannot use this Xbox 360 data cable to transfer data from an Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 hard drive.

Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable:
Designed to transfer data from Xbox 360 hard drives to other Xbox 360 hard drives and/or Xbox 360 S hard drives."

What... am I missing something?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
Source?

Without being able to see the context of these quotes I will merely provide two possibly relevant pieces of information.

• There are two types of 360 hard drive transfer cables. The original version came out with the 120GB hard drives and was bundled with them so you could transfer the data from your original 20GB hard drive. I think Microsoft customer service also sent them out for free if you called after buying a new 360 Elite and already owned an older 360. When the 360 S came out, its hard drives are a completely different design and can't plug in to this original transfer cable. So they made the current model that has an extra jack sticking out so you can connect either type of hard drive. This is sold standalone in stores, unlike the original.
  • For the transfer, one hard drive has to be in the system and the other is external and connected through a USB port. You can't just plug a standalone hard drive into each end of the cable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
It's actually the Wal-Mart description. Those last two paragraphs are the last two paragraphs of the description.

Was looking at Wal-Mart because it's always cheaper than gamestop, and I figure I'd be able to get a refund for it once I'm done with it. (also don't wanna order online for a product I'm gonna use once, and wait 3 days on top of that).

I'm aware that this product will do exactly what I need it to do, but the literature just mystified me. I dunno if they're saying that... literally? Like, you can't do straight up 360 HDD to 360 HDD without the USB interface? Or, maybe they meant you can't do it system to system.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:48:22 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print