Print

Author Topic: Searscat  (Read 5424 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
Does this technically break the "no advertising" rule?

So, backstory: I work at Sears. We had a thing last month where whoever got the most CSATs -- the surveys you can do at the website on the receipt -- in a month would win a prize. There was a poster announcing it, which read:

HUGE CSAT CONTEST!!

FIRST PRIZE

THE ASSOCIATE WHO GETS THE MOST SURVEYS CALLED IN WILL WIN $50 COLD HARD CASH!! YES CASH!!

SECOND PRIZE

IF THE STORE'S TOTAL RATING IS >75% WE WILL SERVE HAMBURGERS FREE TO ALL ASSOCIATES!!

I then decided to take the top of the page, fold it over a bit, and staple it, so it read

HUGE CAT CONTEST

I then changed the first prize to read "...WILL WIN $50 COLD HARD CATS!! YES CATS!!" and the second prize to "...WE WILL SERVE CATBURGERS FREE TO ALL ASSOCIATES!!", and added a third prize which read "THE ASSOCIATE WITH TEH LARGEST CAT WILL RECEIVE A STAPLE!" Below it, I inserted a staple, with an arrow pointing to it with the label "like this one". Below that was another staple, labeled "or this one", and to the right was a row of a dozen staples, labeled "OR ONE OF THESE!"

Finally, I decided to enter the huge cat contest myself by drawing a huge cat on the back of the poster. Below is a close recreation of it, as the original was stolen by my manager at the time and thrown out somewhere (probably in her office, as I checked most other trashcans in the area).

So then it kinda blossomed into more and now I've made a whole bunch of these guys. Originally, they were all supposed to be the same cat in multiple costumes, but I'm thinking now there's probably a few different guys.

An alternate military outfit.

An angel.

A Pokemon ninja guy.

Michael Jackson

Some kinda Code Geass-like thing iunno?

Crossdressing maybe?

As Waluigi.

With butterfly wings and a trucker cap

An ad for our rewards point system

An ad for Craftsman (note that that is a piece of bread, not a sandwich)

In this one, the wings are made of rusty metal and fishnet. He is wearing shoepants, but without the tongues.

This guy has four arms and three rows of breasts. His veil is held up partially by tiny chains connecting to his earrings, and partly by the thing on his head. Also he has moth antennae.

This chick has a robot arm that is half steampunk, half Portal. She also has bat wings, giant fake gold lashes on one eye, and a belt with a zipper on it (which is something that we actually sell, though not in purple)

Lands' End calls for a simpler, more sophisticated, laid-back design, like this six-armed dragonflycat-angel wearing a strap over some of his breasts.

...whereas Kmart requires a more dynamic design, leveraging their red color scheme

And finally, something for the holiday season.

I'm planning on eventually putting a bunch of these in an envelope and sending it to corporate. I'm debating whether or not I should include any explanation.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:34:13 PM »
I come here to take my mind off of writing my first creepypasta before bed, and then this is what I see.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »
What is it that goes on in your mind that would possess you to draw these? Whatever it is, it's awesome.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
I... I'm not sure what to think of this.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
I'm debating whether or not I should include any explanation.

Maybe a single sheet of paper with one sentence/question: "Did I win?!"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:36:47 AM »

Good King Searsaslas
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:04 PM »
Some more that I never got around to uploading until I did:

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »
I actually find the better drawn ones that aspire to be bizarre advertisements amusing.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 12:39:32 AM »
I think I lost.

Print