Print

Author Topic: SMB Sheet Music  (Read 6262 times)

« on: August 31, 2001, 01:13:43 PM »
Anyone interested in some sheet music for Super Mario Brothers?  Let me know and i'll write it out :)

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2001, 11:47:27 PM »
Sure, I'd like the music for the overworld theme and the underwater theme in SMB. I already know the music for the underground theme and the castle theme will probably be pretty hard to write out.
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2001, 12:22:05 AM »
Here's the overworld theme...It should be perfectly accurate, since I was using an *.NSF file as reference.

Enjoy!

http://members.home.net/au.yeung/Super_Mario_Bros.pdf

(At the end of the second page, the game jumps back to the second bar of the first page, but i just stuck that last bar on the third page in to have an 'ending')

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2001, 12:43:54 PM »
My thanks to you, I really appreciate it!

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2001, 05:38:47 AM »
This is cool - I'd love to cover SMB on the Commodore 64. One question, though... Can you post the font that you use for the notes?All I get are tall letters where the notes should be.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2001, 02:37:23 PM »

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2001, 08:38:28 PM »
Brian, if you can, could you make a sheet of the theme music of Dr. Mario and the Fever theme? And how do you make those sheets?

Hey, paisano!
Hey, paisano!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2001, 10:24:40 PM »
I can do that...but some parts of that song are...odd...so it won't be 100% accurate, but it'll be close :)

I use my perfect pitch to write out the music, but if you mean which program I use, I use Noteworthy Composer to write out the score, then I use Adobe Acrobat to print to a *.pdf file.

Edited by - Brian on 9/7/2001 9:44:47 PM

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2001, 10:33:43 PM »
Oh and Dave, here's the music for the water music...

http://members.home.net/au.yeung/Super_Mario_Underwater_Theme.pdf

Edited by - Brian on 9/16/2001 8:50:49 PM

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2001, 11:43:14 AM »
Hey Bologna,
Here's the sheet music for the Dr. Mario Fever Theme.  I left out about one bar somewhere in the middle, because the notes in those bars were 'random noise'.  One is in piano score format:

http://members.home.net/au.yeung/DrMarioFeverPiano.pdf

The other is in orchestral score format because the piece is rather complex, and might be hard to follow in piano score format.

http://members.home.net/au.yeung/DrMarioFever.pdf

Enjoy!

Edited by - Brian on 9/16/2001 8:50:20 PM

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2001, 02:10:09 PM »
How do you make those, I have Noteworthy and I need to figure it out!  Thanks

Behold the Power of Cheeze!

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2001, 10:15:46 AM »
If you mean how I make the *.pdf files, you can't do it with noteworthy.  You need to have a full copy of Adobe Acrobat.  Then when you want to print your score, you choose the Adobe PDF writer as the printer and it 'prints' the score to a pdf file.

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2001, 05:26:18 PM »
I downloaded every thing, but how do you change the font?

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2001, 05:58:50 PM »
I mean how do you make a Noteworthy file from an .NSF file.

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2001, 09:30:57 PM »
I see what you mean now.  Well to tell you the truth, as far as I know, there ISN'T any way to make an *.nsf file into a noteworthy score.  I do all my conversions by ear (I listen to the nsf file and then write it out by 'hand' into a noteworthy score).  As for the fonts, if you copy the font into your \Windows\fonts directory, it should work.  I'm not entirely sure how you go about installing fonts though.  If that doesn't work, just install a copy of noteworthy composer and it'll install the font for you.
Noteworthy Composer: http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/setup/setup_nwc170_9.exe

Print