Print

Author Topic: saving dinosaur land  (Read 30221 times)

« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2003, 03:13:20 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys! *sneakily slips 10 dollars to each person who complimented*

"where did you come from?" the bob-om asked again.
"I guess from...uh...well...I got pulled into a painting."
"A painting!?!" the two bob-oms cried at once.
"That could only mean that..." began the first one.
"...the Power Stars have been taken!" finished the second.
"I don't understand." said the koopa. "Who are you anyway?"
"we're bob-om buddies. It's our job to keep unwanted people out. And who knows what kind of villains will come in here now!"
"What do you mean? What are Power Stars?"
Another water ballon narrowly missed them.
"We need to talk somewhere safer. follow us."
The two bob-om buddies jumped into the hole. A big cannon appeared from it and aimed at a small floating island in the sky.
Suddenly they flew out of the canon and landed (as far as someone watching could tell)on the island.
The koopa watched as this happened and thought two things:
1:Owch!
2:There is no way I am ever climbing into that thing.
He looked at the hole and the island.
"nope. No way."
Suddenly another water balloon splashed right beside him.
"Ahh!" he cried, jumping into the canon and blasting off into the sky.
He landed belly first on the island, skidded on his stomache and slammed his head against a tree.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2003, 10:03:40 AM »
Ok Screech I have now completely read your story. And as I said before we can expect great things from you, so keep it up, and good luck son!

" I think therefore I am.... I think...."

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2003, 11:20:11 AM »
The koopa lifted his head and looked at one hand.
Ten fingers. vision normal.
He shook his head and looked around. the two bob-oms helped him up.
"now," he said, "can you tell me what's going on?"
"yes. We're safe from the warring bob-oms and their water balloons. We will explain."
"A long time ago, the people of star haven gave a gift to the people of the Mushroom Kingdom. The gift of power. But the sovereign of the Mushroom kingdom knew that others would be after this power, and that if it were to fall into the wrong hands, it would spell disaster for them."
"but what does that have to do with this painting?" the koopa asked
"He split it into one hundred and twenty small "power stars" and hid them throughout his castle. Once before have these power stars been stolen. The vile reptilian theif known as bowser, took them and using paintings as magical gateways to other worlds, he hid them there. The stars were eventually found and put back in their proper place, and the paintings were closed once more."
"I get it. So you think someone took these power star thingies and opened up the paintings again."
"something like that, yes."
"Hmmm... I have friends that can help you. they come from the mushroom kingdom and I bet they know about the power stars. er...speaking of them, I should be with them right now. Do you happen to know how I could get out of here?"
"now that you mention it, I do. The power stars themselves were taken from this world when they were recovered and put where they belong, but there are still traces of power left from where they once were. There's one right here."
He exploded, busting open a yellow block.
When he put himself back together again, there was a black transparent object in the shape of a star.
"we call them star shadows."
"There's just enough power in one to leave."

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2003, 12:01:03 PM »
The koopa stepped back a little. The star was creepy looking.
"ummm... How do I work this thing?"
"just touch the star, and it will hurl you out of the painting."
"hurl?"
"Just touch it!"
"okay! Well, bye guys."
"don't forget to help us when you get out!"
The koopa touched the star, and  instantly soared of into the sky, where he disapeared from view.
"think he'll be able to get the power stars back?"
"Nope."
They stared at the sky. Suddenly a small speck of something appeared.
"what's that?"
The speck began to take shape.
"It kinda looks like a goomba doesn't it."
"no, no. It has arms. It's definitely something closer to a buzzy beetle or..."
"ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"
It hit the edge of the small floating island.
"A koopa."
The koopa peeled himself of the ground.
"ouuwwch...ooh! That hurt. that reeeaaally hurt."
"what happened?" the two bob-oms asked. "That should have worked."
"ohh...Is everything I try to accomplish going to give me a headache?"
"I don't understand."
"I flew up and hit the side."
"the side?"
"The side of this...world. I couldn't get out."
"Someone must've closed the entrance to the painting! Whoever opened it to let you in, didn't want you to get out!"

Meanwhile...

Mario, Luigi, and peach tried to find a way to get their friend out. They couldn't find anything particularly magical about it. If they hadn't known better, they would have assumed it was a normal, albeit very good, painting.
"We'd better just take it with us." Peach said. "maybe we can figure it out later."
Mario and Luigi could think of no better ideas, so they picked it up and brought it with them.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2003, 01:16:02 PM »
Wow, your story is great!

Relish is at your command!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2003, 07:42:01 PM »
Mario, Luigi, and Peach moved through the many castle rooms, exploring, looking for around, and searching for some clue as to where to go next.
Mario and luigi were relieved that most rooms beyond the one, in which they had fought captain syrup, were either empty or of no importance. Perhaps the evil tyrant, that knew they were coming had expected them to be dead. In any case, they were getting a much needed break from the fighting.
Mario cracked a door open. He stuck his head in and looked both ways, making sure it was empty. He opened it all the way, and walked inside.
The room was decorative. Tasteful paintings were hanging up on the wall (probably Bob's), a chandelier lit up the room, and there was a comfy looking sofa sitting in the center. Mario could only assume that this was a room for the hired fighters, and assasins and pirates, and other people paid to kill them, to relax.
He approached the sofa, and tripped over a rug that he hadn't noticed. He stood up and dusted himself off. he looked down at the rug and discovered that when he had tripped, he had exposed an off-colored peice of the floor. Upon closer inspection, he realized that it was a door of some kind.
He ran out into the hallway.
"Lugi! Peach!" he called, searching for his friends.
Peach came into the hallway from the door across from him.
"what is it Mario?" she asked.
"Where's Luigi?"
FLUUSSSHHHHH!
A door opened and Luigi entered the hallway.
"what?"
"I found something. Come look at this."

The koopa sat on the edge of the small floating island, thinking of some way to escape the painting. He observed the world that he would be stuck in. There was a huge summit with a path spiraling up it, and a small patch of grass at the bottom with a gigantic chain chomp tied to a stake.
There were many small black bob-oms running back and forth across the field at the worlds lowest level, dodging the constant barrage of water balloons.
One of the bob-om buddies approached him from behind.
"there is one possible way to get out, but there are two big problems in the way." he said.

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2003, 08:14:48 PM »
keep it up screech, this story is really good

"You vant i should give you new rock, hmmm?"

*please excuse the last inside joke, only screech and i know the signifigance*

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2003, 09:30:22 PM »
Mario pulled open the door.
"Should we try and go in there?" asked Peach. "I don't know if the painting will fit."
"Sure it will!" he said.
Mario began to push the rather large painting into the hole, but it was just too big.
"uhh...Mario." Luigi said, "I don't think it's gonna-"
RIP!
"Eeeeek! The painting ripped!" cried Peach.
"It's okay! Don't panic!" said mario.
"okay. Sorry."
"Do we have any ducktape?"
"Any what?!"
peach began to panick again.

"How?" The koopa asked. "how can I get out?"
"You couldn't get out on the limited power of one star shadow. The portal to the outside has been sealed off. However, enough star shadows could, in theory, break the seal."
"Doesn't sound too hard."
"But as I said, there are two problems."
"What?"
"Well, star shadows aren't solid objects, just traces of power left from the real power stars, therefore they can't be moved close enough to each other to use all the power at once."
"Okay. What's the other problem?"
"There is no way HE is going to let you near his star shadow."
"Who?"
"The king Bob-om. He's a huge bob-om that sits atop the summit and makes sure that the perpetual war keeps going. He has a shadow star but he's very protective of it. Especially from those who come from outside the painting. If you want to use his star shadow's power, you'll have to defeat him in battle!"
"W-w-what!? An economy sized bob-om war monger!? Great. Fabulous. perfect."

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2003, 10:56:02 PM »
this story is great keep writing!

I''m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.-Jango Fett
Suicide:The answer to all life''s problems!

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2003, 08:22:24 PM »
Haha! I have been suffering from a serious condition known as "severe lack of personal time", but finally I have found time to get on Fungi Forums.

Mario, Luigi and peach made their way into the dark lower levels of the castle.
"I can't see a thing in here!" said Luigi.
"It'll be easier to see when our eyes adjust." said Peach.
Several minutes passed and they still could see nothing.
Suddenly a bright flash lit up the underground room for an instant and then all was dark again.
"What was that!"
"Something is down here!"
"We can't fight it in the dark!"
They quickly rushed for the opening back up to the first floor.
It slammed shut.
"Oh no!"
The room flashed again, and mario vaguely saw the silhoette of some thing about have the size of a human floating in the air.

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2003, 05:13:38 PM »
The boards have html and the site has a chatroom! Officially, no one has any right to complain!

Mario pushed with all his might but the door wouldn't budge.
"Don't panic. I wanna help you, Mario brothers."
"who are you?" asked mario.
"Show yourself!" said peach.
"There's no need to be alarmed. I mean no harm."
The room lit up again, and stayed lit.
Floating in the middle of it was a green, glowing boo, with his hands in front of his eyes.
"Is that what scared us out of our skins?" asked luigi.
"Why are you hiding your face?" asked mario.
"Because I'm ugly." he said.
"nonsense!" said peach. "I'm sure you're perfectly handsome."
"C'mon, it can't be that bad."
The boo uncovered his face, and sure enough, he looked like any other boo.
"I knew it. Your face is fine." said mario.
"Really? Wow! And all this time I thought my face scared people!"
"errr...well-" Mario started but peach and luigi gave him a dirty look.
"Who are you? Why are you helping us" he asked.
"My name is Boo jay. I live further down, in the mines."
"Mines?" asked Mario and luigi at once.
"yeah. The vanillium mines beneath this land. We're being forced to work in the mines."

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2003, 10:02:52 PM »
The glowing boo led The three wayward companions further down the tunnel.
"So you see. We've been trapped down here by the evil king and forced to mine the highly radioactive element, vanillium, which can only be withstood by us boos and the dinosaurs that share this continent with us."
"How terrible!" said peach.
"well, it's not so bad. We boos never liked the dark anyway, so the glow is cool. And there are plenty of dank, creepy places down here to hang out. But we really do miss our ghost houses on the surface."
"Well that's just why we're here!" said mario.
"Actually," said luigi, "We came here to vacation but there's evidently some law that says there will be a crisis wherever we go."
"I just wish I knew something about the guy who's in charge."
"Yeah, now that you mention it, the subject is always cleverly avoided when it comes up."
"We don't even know how to begin to fight him."
The boo had a smile on his face. "We know you can do it! And we're gonna help you."
"how?" the three of them asked in unison.
"We're gonna show you a way to go right to his castle. If you had kept on the way you were going you would have ended up at a dead end room with over a hundred koopa centurions.
"Then you knew we would come down here?"
"The rug you tripped over was my doing." the boo answered.
"Alright! Now we can fight this guy, get our friend out of this painting, and finish our vacation!"
"err...not quite yet.Your in no condition to fight him. If you put on a special suit, you can visit with the other boos without being contaminated. and then we can find you some safe place to sleep."
The mario brothers and peach agreed, though the suits were uncomfortable and very hot.
Further on, the mines opened up into a larger area with glowing green, translucent spheres floating halfway between the cieling and floor. These were boos, they realized. They must be resting.
Mario approached one and it's features suddenly became visible. It opened it's eyes and quickly covered them up with his hands.
"Ohh, not again!" said mario.

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2003, 12:10:05 PM »
The koopa gathered all of his courage, and decided that the best course of action was to get rid of the king bob-om first, and then figure out how to use the power of the star shadows.
"How do I get down?"
"Well, that block contains a tool that allows people to fly!"
He  punched the other block, and out of it popped a red shell, with feathery white wings.
"Wow, they look just like the wings I used to have!"
After putting on the shell (it fit quite nicely)he took a running start and flew off the edge of the island and into the sky.
Despite the wings being very similar to his old ones, flying with them involved less flapping and more gliding.
"Where is he!?" he cried, the thrill of flying overriding his fear of the king bob-om.
"He's the big bob-om on the summit!" The cried.

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2003, 07:02:09 PM »
The koopa swooped low and dragged his stomache on the soft grass of the summit.
At the other end, facing the sunset, was a bob-om about four times his size. This was obviously the king bob-om.
The koopa approached him.
"umm...hello..."
"Don't hurt me!" The king cried, spinning around.
"oh! It's only a koopa. What do you want?"
"umm...if it's not too much trouble sir...I'd like to borrow your Star shadow."
"Certainly! It's right over there! Help yourself!"
"Really!?" said the koopa.
"No!"
"Well...sir...I guess I'm just gonna have to...well...Beat you up. I'm warnin ya though! I am a third degree card holder! I know seven different ways to gauge a mans eyes out! I graduated nameless minion school at the top of my class! You better watch out!"
"oh really? Then this should be fun!"
The koopa backed up a little bit.
"Maybe I exaggerated a little. I mean, I sometimes get carried away, and really, I don't think I need that star shadow as much as I thought I did so I'm just gonna-"
"Shutup! The battle has begun! And don't think I'm going to go easy on you just because you are small! Oh no! You shall have to pick me up and throw me three times just like everyone else, and I'm not letting me guard down for a-Oh dear. I've done it again."
But it was to late, for the koopa had heard and ran around behind him, picking him up from behind. But, either because of the koopa's natural body structure, or the fact that he had no physical prowess whatsoever, he was sqashed under the weight of the enourmous bob-om.
"Haha! Puny one! My tendacy to overeat has become your downfall!"

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2003, 07:02:07 PM »
bumpity bump bump bump.

Print