Print

Author Topic: The Hero's Blood  (Read 18501 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 08:11:51 PM »
I'm almost finished with that chapter, okay?! Ahhhhhhh!! I want to work on it right now!! Noooo!! Why does my dad have to watch TV in the same room I'm in!! ...Well, next to, but still, he's sitting only about 8 feet away from me!! Agh! I can't work on it when anyone's in the same room as me. NO ONE CAN KNOW ABOUT IT!! (I'm very secretive.)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2003, 10:50:26 PM »
Hello everybody. As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been to the forums for awhile and I thought I should do some explaining. The weather has been pretty crappy the past couple of weeks, and when the weather is bad, my computer can't connect to the internet. When the weather finnaly cleared up, a friend of mine had a bad car accident, was hurt kinda bad but will make a full recovery, so I spent most of my free time with them(name not given do to my friends request). On top of all that, I am just now getting over a severe bout with a head cold. My ears and sinuses were all stoped up and I temporarly lost my ability to hear( because my ears were stopped up). Now I'm back, and hopefully will be back to posting fairly regularly.

Spill the blood of the innocent!!! Then clean it before it makes a mess!
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2003, 10:53:26 PM »
Yay! Bluto's back! I was wondering where you were. Well, I hope you feel better and your friend's all right from the accident. BTW, CH 13's up now in "The Prophecy." Thought you, being my biggest fan, would like to know. :)

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2003, 11:53:11 PM »
Yay! Somebody missed me! Also, chapter 13 in "The Prophecy" is up. As luck would have it, Chapter 4 of "The Hero's Blood" is also up, that is if you look down further in this post. HA HA HA HA( crickets stop chirping because that joke was so lame) Anyhoo, without further ado( he he, that rhymes)

Chapter 4
Answers From the Sky

After a few minutes of celebrating, the party guests took their seats on the lawn to watch the meteor shower. Luigi and Daisy shared a blanket next to Mario and Peach, who were holding each other’s hand as they thought about just how perfect their lives were right now.

Bowser stood at the doorway, fuming, watching Mario and Peach.

*I can’t kidnap Peach with Mario clinging on to her like that. I doubt I can even get them apart at all tonight. If only he hadn’t propose, Peach could be in my possession right now! ARRG!* A plume of smoke puffed from his nostrils.*I’ll have to return later, when I know Peach will be alone.*

“Troops!” Bowser called his men’s attention, “We’ll return later, after the...”

Bowser trailed off, because he could hear a loud rumbling sound coming fast from the sky. Bowser looked out the doorway in time to see a meteor fly overhead, nearly taking off one of the castle’s towers. It hit the ground at the base of Shooting Star Summit with a tremendous explosion, sending the partygoers into a panic.

*That was close!* thought Bowser as he crept closer behind a bush. He wanted a closer look.

The crater formed from the meteor crash had an odd aura about it. It had a strange glow coming from it. It was as though the meteor was burning, but no steam or smoke rose from the impact sight. Mario, especially, was intrigued by this.

Everybody went over to investigate, and they found a wondrous sight. The meteorite had the perfect shape of a star, and it glowed with a brilliant golden light. Everyone was dumbfounded.

“I know what this is.” Merlon spoke all of a sudden.

“Tells us Merlon, if you would be so kind.” Peach said.

“Well,” he began, “over a thousand years ago, a star know as The Wishing Star fell to the ground during a meteor shower. It was said that whoever was closest to the wishing star when the meteor shower occurred, they would have their wish granted. Unlike regular stars though, this star could grant any wish no matter how big or outrageous it was. This was all well and good except that extremely evil, sinister wishes could be granted as well. One such event occurred. A terrible, evil tyrant wished to rule the entire world. Over the next 5 years, terrible battles were fought and many innocent people were enslaved or killed. Great cities were left in ruins. During all of this, a small group worked on an underground resistance campaign to end the evil rule.” Merlon looked directly at Luigi, “I believe your dreams have something to do with this, Luigi.”

Luigi was flabbergasted. ”How did you know about my dreams?” he asked in a worried voice.

“I have my ways.” Merlon said slyly. “Near the date of the next meteor shower, it was discovered that the tyrant was planning to wish for the world to be destroyed. The resistance grouped seized this opportunity to stop the evil plan from taking place. They found the Wishing Star and defended it against the onslaught of the tyrant’s army until the meteor shower occurred. The Wishing Star asked for the wish, and it was the leader of the resistance that was closest to the star. The leader asked that the star’s power be sealed and could only be unlocked by someone that would use the power only for good. The star said that its power would be locked away, and could only be unlocked by one born of Hero’s Blood, who were the only people pure enough to make wishes only for good purposes, but when unlocked, anybody could use the stars power, no matter how evil the wish was. The only way to reseal the star’s power was for someone else, also born of Hero’s Blood, to wish for the power to be sealed again.

Luigi was still puzzled. “So what does that have to do with my dream?”

“Don’t you see Luigi?” Merlon replied, ”The words “Hero’s Blood” refer to you, and Mario. Nothing happens by accident. You and Mario were destined to come to the Mushroom Kingdom and stop Bowser from taking over because you have within you the blood of heroes. The star’s power can only be unlocked by you two, or your children, if you decide to have them.

Mario pondered the words Merlon had just spoken, when a particular thought crossed his mind. ”We could wish for Bowser to stop trying to kidnap the princess. Let’s go make the wish right now!” he said running to the glowing star.

Merlon chuckled softly, ”Mario, the wish can’t be made for another five years, when the meteor shower happens again.

“Oh yeah,” Mario said, a little embarrassed.” Anyway, since this is a very special occasion, let’s just watch the fireworks, and enjoy the rest of the evening!”

*That kinda clears up some of my dream, but what about the wasteland from my dream?* Luigi thought to himself. Something was still amiss, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

Still behind the bushes, Bowser was also thinking.*I’ll just have to wait another five years, but how will I get one of those Mario clods to unlock the star’s power without ending my chances to take over. Arrg! Why must everything be so difficult. ” It’s time to leave troops.” he radioed to them, “ We will return when I have a new plan.”

So, whacha think gonna happen? Give me thought, predictions, yadda yadda yadda...
I'm so glad to be back! ^_^

Edited by - Bluto on 5/16/2003 10:56:47 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2003, 12:01:10 AM »
Intriguing! ...You got ME hooked. :)

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2003, 01:32:40 PM »
Does anybody else besides Sapphira read this story? If so, feel free to say something about it. I feel so unloved :(

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2003, 01:54:05 PM »
Hmm...I haven't seen Hirocon in a while. I saw Insane Steve maybe once. I don't know Dr. Mario's excuse, though; he was here several times today.  Hmm...maybe they don't know you posted the next chapter. Try mentioning it in popular-random topic spots, like the Mario Bar. That's what I've done. ^_^

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2003, 06:58:39 PM »
I'm here.

I like the story so far, Bluto. I did have to read chapter 4 a few times to fully understand it though.

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2003, 07:04:58 PM »
Nicely done. Yes, I was reading, and more-patiently-than-normal...ly waiting to CH 4. It's very well done. Although... to make predictions, I need to know the number of chapters.

And... Should I post another (Completely unrelated to the last one) fanfic in a couple months when I come up with it? I have a (VERY) vague plot. Should I continue with it?

(Actually, I should have asked that on my story's thread. Ah well. That story's over.)

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2003, 07:26:06 PM »
Ahh. Thats what I like to see, responses from my readers. I would disclose the number of chapters but my story has some big changes in the plot so I not sure exactly how many chapters there will be. My ideas came to me while I was at work so I slacked off in my working duties so I could write them down(ha ha, I still got paid for it).
Oh yeah, Blutofucious say post all fanfics, for they be very popular.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2003, 05:18:40 PM »
Good story, man. You know, I'm writng my own fanfic.  I posted 4 chapters yesterday alone.
It's called "The fight for Freedom." Anyway, this is a really good story.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2003, 07:31:54 PM »
Bluto, you think you've got reader problems?
I don't have any readers! (At least none that are posting.)  Sapphira said she checked it out, but that was just chapter 1.  For anyone who's interested, chapters 2 and 3 are now up.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2003, 09:40:19 PM »
I am having more problems with finding time to update my story and visit these forums. I have been helping my brother get the Bluto comics finished for our website. The link is in my profile. It isn't much yet but give it some time. Anyhoo I'll try to post chapter 5 ASAP.

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2003, 07:44:37 PM »
Uhhh... sorry nothing new to post yet. Summer time is already gettin' busy for me so I don't know when I'll get to post. I promise, swear to god I'll get to it, I just didn't want my topic to go stale like an old cookie.

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2003, 12:18:27 PM »
#1 Well I'm reviving this.
#2 I'm gonna PM Bluto and ask him to finish this up.

Print