Print

Author Topic: LizCam Productions  (Read 40340 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2005, 08:03:38 PM »
Suffix, as far as I know everyone else used QuickTime to play it. I think MP4 is a standard format, but for some reason it seems to fare better in QT just as AVI seems to have more of a home in Windows Media Player.

This is what Wikipedia has to say, anyway:

MPEG-4 Part 14 or *.mp4, is a file format (a so called container) specified as a part of the ISO/IEC MPEG-4 international standard. . . . Apple's QuickTime file format was the start point design of the *.mp4 file format. Although still very reminiscent of each other, *.mp4 has changed and been improved in many different ways apart from *.mov that they are really not the same file format anymore.

Thanks, Markio. ^_~

"Dang, TEM lives in a low-quality area." ~ Lizard Dude

Edited by - WaToaD on 9/11/2005 7:04:42 PM

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2005, 03:42:03 AM »
It feels good to have a movie-editing project complete. Not only is it fun to watch the polished—or at least finished—film, but the editing can become somewhat tedious and tiresome as time fails to stop passing. For me time has finally ceased to fail, meaning that my latest project is done, and I feel some sense of relief (and accomplishment, I suppose).

This actually wasn't a huge project of any kind, and I've made only one mention of it before—yesterday-ish, actually. Unlike my three previous videos, which were goofy projects of my own filmed with a digital camera, this one is a goofy project of my church's filmed with their super-nice DV camera. Really, it doesn't involve anyone here on any level except that Watoad (me) helped with the planning, acting, and editing. I just happen to be uploading a small version of the movie to the Internet for my coconspirators to see, and it's convenient for me to post a link for potentially interested bystanders here as well.

Please note that the intended audience of this movie is college students attending a Christian worship and social gathering. Add that to the fact that it is intended to be a promotional video, and you might realize that you have no real reason to download and watch it. As always, that's cool if you don't; I just want to warn the potentially harmable bystanders from being offended or bored.

Dang, why do I type so much for something so little? I think I have problems. Here's the oversized file you've already waited too long to decide that you don't want to download:

The oversized file. (91.8 MB)

Oh, wait. There's another thing that I have to say. Hmm, I should have planned this post better or something.

My apologies to the Mac crowd with which I have always affiliated, but I have to step across the line a little tonight. I used iMovie to do the editing, and it disappointed this time around. Perhaps I'm ready for something a bit more advanced because I ran into multiple situations where I just didn't have the level of control that I needed, and it was quite frustrating.

Probably the worst thing was exporting the completed film, which I never managed to understand. It took me forever to get the settings right for the version linked above, which is larger than it should be because everything else I tried looked like garbage. And I've yet to successfully export a full, loss-less version for displaying on my own computer. I guess iMovie just doesn't handle high-quality video very well.

There you have it. Apple disappointed, and I don't care to stand up for them for the sake of standing up for them anymore. I'll wait until I'm appointed again before I stand back up.

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2005, 03:53:26 PM »
Why not try Final Cut Pro? (Assuming you have the money for it...)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2005, 04:28:20 PM »
Ahahaha, that was awesome! XD
Very nice job! (And I totally cracked up XD)  It reminds me of announcement/promotionals my church has done before. I loved the Darth Vader theme playing at the end.

Watoad is...Edmund! XD
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2005, 07:49:10 PM »
Yeah, that would certainly be nice, but even Final Cut Express is $300, which I don't have. The professional applications run well into the thousands.

I'm glad you liked it, Sapph! It'll probably be funniest to people who know the actors, but I guess there's some general humor in there amongst the intense low budget-ness, too. :P That particular music selection at the end was my dad's idea, actually.

Yep, you got it! Nice job.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »
Waitaminute...
You swore...? You...actually swore...? When I first watched the video I was like "............WTD!!??" but then I thought, "Naw, he couldn't've..." I replayed it and listened carefully, and it didn't sound like you did, like you said "in blazes" or something else. Plus I couldn't actually believe that you would, well...swear. It's, like....not in your character (even if it is in "Edmund's")...and the video is done for your church, by people in your church...
But then you told me you did say...certain words... I don't understand... How...? Why...?
Watoad...and church...and swearing... the latter one doesn't fit with the other two...
* Sapphira feels dazed and queasy and confused
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »
*points and laughs at Sapphira*

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2005, 05:53:42 PM »
Not funny, TEM. >:(

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2005, 07:23:27 PM »
I'm confused... What happened?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2005, 07:26:55 PM »
You'll have to watch Watoad's "oversized file," Khold.

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2005, 07:52:44 PM »
But, I can't download it. It might be too big...

What was it about...?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »
It was essentially a really amusing introduction to Black Lake Bible Camp using Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe style to introduce it with music from various movies such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, even Monty Python and the Holy Grail-- Which is what made me laugh even more than the counting person stopping at 8.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2005, 03:10:47 PM »
That was awesome. Watoad plays a good Edmund. The Imperial March made him seem especially evil.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have Festivus pictures.

And for those (Watoad) who don't know what Festivus is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 03:26:33 PM by TEM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »
I don't know if Sapph grasps the concept of "acting".
That was a joke.

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2005, 07:38:10 PM »
I really don't care much if a person DOES swear. I actually thought Watoad, ahem, Watoad's character said "Blazes" as well, until Sapph IMed me saying he- his character actually did swear. I told her to not make a huge deal out of it, as it technically wasn't Watoad himself saying it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print