Print

Author Topic: This forum has gotten boring!  (Read 16570 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2004, 07:24:41 PM »
I'll do the list think, Ok?

1) Sorry about misspelling your name, koopaslaya!

2) No, I don't want to start a flame war, that's the last thing I wanted to create.

3) Yes, intelligent posters are preferable to loads of spammers.

4) This board could definitely use more posters of any sort to liven this place up a bit. (Well maybe no too many spammers...)

5) As I said in one of my previous posts, I used to post here all the time because there were a lot of cool topics and stuff. What happened to the cool topics and stuff?

6) I realize school has started, but I've noticed this board's slowing down-ness (weird sentence, let's continue...) since Summer.

7) *steps down from soap box*

____
My Wario''s on fire!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 10:58:33 AM »
The forum got boring WAY before you even joined. How do I know. I joined tmk ff before Sapphira did. I'm even in the first page of the mario bar.

I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 11:35:12 AM »
Wow you are so cool can I have your autograph?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 05:11:14 PM »
Autography is an artform. It takes years to master and sometimes decades to get the correct style and size down. I doubt someone his age could even pass the screening for the amature autograph class, and they're not even past print yet.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2004, 03:02:43 PM »
Lol 2 LD.

Egg Power

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 08:08:33 AM »
What this place needs is a better forum.. This one is to hard for n00bs to use. Something Like a PHPBB or Invison Power Board would be sweet! I think it would attract alot of members, I'd even post more.
Owner of Boo Mansion!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2004, 09:37:25 AM »
We don't need a lot of members.  Just a few members who respect this board's lack of distraction and can occasionally post meaningful ideas.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »
"This one is to hard for n00bs to use."
One more reason why I love it.

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2004, 11:43:49 PM »
Anyone who can find the Fungi Forums is competent enough to use the Fungi Forums. It's not too hard for n00bs.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2004, 09:19:39 AM »
How exactly could this forum be better anyway?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2004, 11:18:55 AM »
This forum is so lucky!  I wished I had gotten the boring while it was still available...

Most good judgement comes from experience.  Most experience comes from bad judgement.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2004, 01:10:43 PM »
Hehehehhahaohaoheoheo

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2005, 09:57:25 PM »
Amazing... 'jon hater' said he joined before Sapphira, yet he only has 4 posts...

Weird, huh?

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2005, 11:25:31 PM »
The main reason I left in the first place was because it got way too boring(that, and I was an ******* during the Code Wars so I thought I'd let the heat die down). I may leave again if I get too much rotten fruit thrown at me again, though.

"How exactly could this forum be better anyway?"

For one, a quote feature so I could click that rather than having to manually copy/paste the quoted text into a post like here.

Other than that....well let's see.  *unrolls a list 5 miles long* There's a lot that could be improved. A less easy to hack forum structure could be a start. Then there's the complete lack of features common in most boards today.

I can and do make forum modifications, however. Nothing too serious though, mostly clever Javascript. But, say, avatars and maybe a photo album(a collection of forum member photos and notable quotes from them) aren't out of my league. But I can already see a lot of you staring at me with that "Don't mess with our board" look, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by - Deezer on 2/4/2005 9:37:41 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2005, 11:33:02 PM »
*Stares at CashCrazed with a "Don't mess with our board" look*

Actually, just kidding.  I'm perfectly fine with the way that the boards are now, like I've said in other threads.  The only thing I'm really against is flashy colors, huge (if any) avatars, and distracting animated gifs.

However, I think that the quoting tool idea ceratinly isn't a bad one (despite the fact that I wouldn't use it anyways).

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Print