Print

Author Topic: Halo 2 hype... insane!  (Read 5544 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 12:18:30 PM »
I have. I've even made a door with the Warthog that you have to tip over with X to get in.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 05:35:50 PM »
Oh man, there was this one game in Blood Gulch where Drew was bringing the enemy's flag home in a Warthog, and he was heading for our front door because there were a couple enemies near the back of the base. Before he made it, someone got him from behind with a rocket launcher, and his Warthog went airborne, flipped, and went THROUGH the hole on top of the base, landing on our flag. Our team of four was on the same TV, so we were dying of laughter. Good times.

*Names were changed to protect the innocent.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
 I don't have anything against Halo. I love Halo... I have very few weaknesses in a Ghost. During my previous comment, I was thinking of some people I know that think a game is great just because of graphics. Halo doesn't just have excellent graphics, it's really fun.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 06:13:12 PM »
I've really only played PC Halo, but it's always 16 players. Warthogs drive into buildings all the time.

Killing Banshees with the super overpowered pistol is fun, because people in Banshees think that they're invincible.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 01:25:15 PM »
I was hoping all of you people would agree with me and say "Halo/Xbox sucks", because Microsoft is hyping the series way too much. Why can't Microsoft make other games that are good quality like Halo?

The only other Microsoft game I like for Xbox is Blinx, which was very innovative (using the time control feature). Hopefully Blinx 2 will be much more innovative.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »
Just a note, Microsoft doesn't "make" Halo - Bungie does.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 09:38:24 PM »
I tried Halo 2 a bit last night.  A few good 7-player rounds.
It was fun, I guess.  I'm not really into first-person shooters, but I knew enough about Halo...
There were a few new things, but nothing really significant (dual-wield isn't all that useful.)  It doesn't look like it's going to be really revolutionary or anything, especially compared to its hype.
It's just a sequel, and it feels the part.

I can't vouch for the single player, though.

Now:  is that at all credible...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »

Yes I know that. Bungie is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft should encourage their companies to make games that are actually innovative and fun. Instead they make crap like Brute Force and Voodoo Vince.

Where is all the innovation in the gaming industry? It's with Nintendo and Sony!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 04:06:27 PM »

Yes I know that. Bungie is owned by Microsoft. Microsoft should encourage their companies to make games that are actually innovative and fun. Instead they make crap like Brute Force and Voodoo Vince.

Where is all the innovation in the gaming industry? It's with Nintendo and Sony!

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2004, 08:21:49 PM »
You can't say that all gaming innovation is with Nintendo and Sony--but it's likely that the X-Box could use more innovative games with more original ideas. Halo is just another FPS game--most of the X-Box games I've played just remind me of old PS games with better graphics and different storylines. But the style of play is just like games Sony designed or produced years ago.

With that, I might get an X-Box if one of their games could make me laugh, cry, cheer, mourn, and basically have a Mario high like Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door does.

Yep.

...?

...?

...?

...?

= D

"Love... How do I explain it? Love tells you when you want to be with a person forever. It makes you feel happy just to see that person happy... smiling, having fun. When you love someone you will do anything to help when he or she is in trouble." -Princess Peach, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

"Mario`s trying to get it all! Treasures, princesses... Does his greed never end?" -Kammy Koopa, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 03:15:57 AM »
They may have overhyped it a bit, but it still is an excellent game, even by shooter standards (the first one was, anyway).
I disagree with Lizard Dude in that shooters should ALWAYS be played on a console. ;)

--
to whom it may concern, I would like my username changed to llamapalooza87 (to match my chat name)

Edited by - llamayoshi eleven11 on 11/6/2004 1:17:12 AM
All your Sig are belong to us. You have no chance to sigvive make your time. Move every ''Sig.''

Print