Print

Author Topic: How is it possible to improve SSBM?  (Read 56651 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2006, 11:10:29 AM »
The castle in the trailer for SSB Brawl, silly.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2006, 12:29:10 PM »
Probably with the Cheep Cheeps cause I had the SMB underwater theme when I thought of the idea of an underwater stage in SSBB, but I don't know how they can pull that off and stay original.  I think the castle in the trailer was Hyrule Castle.  I'd also like to see the OoT Ganon's Tower as a SSBB stage.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »
I may be digressing a slight bit, but why don't they make Mario (notably) n etc. look as great as they do in all games instead of just the SSBM series?

in Melee & Brawl you can see Mario's stitching in his hat, seams, buttons, logo of his overalls, etc., but in other games you may only see the seam of his pants running down the side with a cartoonish blue for his pants.

I understand different styles for different games, but I mean, I guess you could say they took into account the SSBM style of Link by throwing that in Twilight EXTREME ULTRA Princess... so why not maybe for Mario..

ALTHOUGH I *do* like the way Mario in looks in 'Galaxy' because of the improved lighting/shading.
Formerly quite reasonable.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2006, 09:51:41 PM »
I agree 100%. I mean, look at MKDD. Whose pants are SHINY, for cryin' out loud?! Although I think the graphical style of Luigi's Mansion was similar to SSBM. Why don't they just copy the figures from game to game?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »
Wario's fart attack, while appropriate for the character, is completely obscene.

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2006, 11:56:59 AM »
I think the castle in the trailer was Hyrule Castle. 
While not official, the castle may be from Fire Emblem. I heard from some people that the coat of arms from the game can be seen in the movie.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2006, 09:46:35 PM »
CrockAlley... seriously who cares? They'll probably have an animation for characters hit by it as them just getting hit by a normal punch with average damage (saying "average damage" with repetitiveness, etc. included), so why cry about it? Nintendo wants it, get over it.

That's why they have a rating system on games. SSBM was rated T because you could see the ladies' panties & whatever, but what is flatuence gonna affect? If ya don't like it, than maybe the Teen rating isn't for you.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »
Has anyone ever wonder what the story would be for SSBB? Also, if the characters are dolls in SSB and trophies in SSBM, then what will they be in SSBB?

« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
Maybe they could be posters :O

Anyway, I'd like to see more Pokemon, and more Metroid characters. ^^
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2006, 08:56:23 PM »
Here's something interesting, which also concerns Solid Snake.

http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/wfight/index.html

It's called Dream Mix TV World Fighters and it was a Smash Bros. knock-off made by Hudson with help from Konami and Takara a few years ago. The characters are as follows:

Hudson
Bomberman
Master Higgins (from Adventure Island)
Manjimaru (from an RPG that never saw the US)
Momotaro (from an RPG/Party game that also never saw the US)
God of Poverty (from Momotaro)
Yugo (from Bloody Roar)

Konami
Power Pro-kun (from the baseball series that never saw our shores)
Simon Belmont (from Castlevania)
Twinbee
Moai (from Gradius)
Solid Snake (The main reason why I posted this)

Takara
Licca-chan (basically the Japan equivalent of Barbie which also had an anime and a few games)
Optimus Prime (from Transformers. Coolies.)
Megatron (also from Transformers)
Tyson Granger (from Beyblade)
Microman (predecessor to Transformers)
Asuka (from Cy Girls)

The battle system involves an inclosed arena. At the start of the game a generator appears and shoots out little heart-token things. You have to collect these. When someone is attacked, they drop these little heart-tokens. Theres a bar at the bottom showing how many hearts are left. If a player's icon falls into the empty area, a big heart will fly out and they'll shrink to half their size. If one player can get all the other player's big hearts, they win.

Very interesting, indeed.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:56:55 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2006, 03:14:28 AM »
Here's something interesting, which also concerns Solid Snake.

http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/wfight/index.html

It's called Dream Mix TV World Fighters and it was a Smash Bros. knock-off made by Hudson with help from Konami and Takara a few years ago. The characters are as follows:

Hudson
Bomberman
Master Higgins (from Adventure Island)
Manjimaru (from an RPG that never saw the US)
Momotaro (from an RPG/Party game that also never saw the US)
God of Poverty (from Momotaro)
Yugo (from Bloody Roar)

Konami
Power Pro-kun (from the baseball series that never saw our shores)
Simon Belmont (from Castlevania)
Twinbee
Moai (from Gradius)
Solid Snake (The main reason why I posted this)

Takara
Licca-chan (basically the Japan equivalent of Barbie which also had an anime and a few games)
Optimus Prime (from Transformers. Coolies.)
Megatron (also from Transformers)
Tyson Granger (from Beyblade)
Microman (predecessor to Transformers)
Asuka (from Cy Girls)

The battle system involves an inclosed arena. At the start of the game a generator appears and shoots out little heart-token things. You have to collect these. When someone is attacked, they drop these little heart-tokens. Theres a bar at the bottom showing how many hearts are left. If a player's icon falls into the empty area, a big heart will fly out and they'll shrink to half their size. If one player can get all the other player's big hearts, they win.

Very interesting, indeed.

That almost sounds like SSBM's Coin-Fest.

And Digimon: Battle Spirits for GBA.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I'm just saying. It's neither.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2006, 12:33:36 PM »
Ah well. The main reason I posted that is because Solid Snake is in it. His specialty? C4 plastic explosives. Other interesting characters include Optimus Prime, who kicks ass, and Bomberman, who I thought wouldn't have moveset inspiration if he were included in SSBB as a 3rd-party character. Two problems I found with this wannabe SSB is that Hudson didn't include Bonk, and Konami didn't include Goemon. Also, did any one notice how well they made Moai playable? He's a freaking stone head, for pete's sake.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:58:22 PM by The Chef »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »
Do you think this knock-off will ever reach our shores?  It'd be cool, but due to the presence of so many characters that aren't well known outside Japan, I don't that'll ever happen. :(  Bah!  Who am I kidding?  There are MANY video games games that never get released outside Japan.  But still, now I wanna see Bomberman become a playable 3rd party character in SSBB.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print